Bathing Beauty: Charlotte Ronson
Charlotte Ronson is one of the hardest working women I know. She has dedicated the past 10 years to designing her clothing line of NYC-chic and flirty threads, aptly called Charlotte Ronson. Additionally, she has collaborated with Urban Outfitters, Shoshanna Gruss of apparel line Shoshanna for a swimsuit collection, JCPenney for a longterm partnership of contemporary sportswear, I [Heart] Ronson for JCPenney, and, most recently, an amazing makeup line exclusively for Sephora (click here for a recap of Charlotte Ronson Beauty). Oh yeah, and did I forget to mention, that she has 3 stand alone stores in Asia with a deal for 100 plus more?
Charlotte’s hard work paid off with this year’s induction into the CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) and Saturday’s NYFW Spring 2012 fashion show at Lincoln Center. With bright colors, denim patchwork and sheer fabrics, the Spring collection is proof of Charlotte’s incredible knack for cool-girl, wearable clothing (and definitely one of my favorite collections to date).
Touted as a fashion “it” girl and New York trendsetter, Charlotte is known for her effortless style, both in her fashion and beauty choices. And that hair! Charlotte rocks the perfect beach waves year-round (and now she’s bottled her secret and is selling it – amen!).
Here, Charlotte spills – exclusively to Beauty Banter – her beauty staples and product must-haves:
What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1. Charlotte Ronson for Sephora A Perfect Mess Hair Tonic—It easily creates perfectly beachy waves, a look I love to keep all year long.
2. Charlotte Ronson for Sephora A Summer’s Kiss Lip Gloss— I love that it’s light-weight and sheer. All of the shades are wearable and not sticky.
3. Charlotte Ronson for Sephora All Eye Need Eyeshadow Quad in Nicole— The palette seems to compliment all skin tones, and highlights your eyes without looking too “done.”
4. Cle de Peau Beaute Correcteur Visage Concealer in Honey – The shade matches my skin tone perfectly and the formula doesn’t cake.
5. Charlotte Ronson for Sephora 3 X A Charm Luminizer, Blush, Bronzer in Shoshanna— brings out your natural glow.
What is your all-time favorite product?
Armani Mascara Eyes to Kill
Favorite hair product?
Charlotte Ronson for Sephora A Perfect Mess— It reminds me of my mother’s [Ann Dexter-Jones] perfectly undone hair,
and recreates my summery-beach waves.
You moisturize your face with…
LANCER™ Skincare ‘Nourish’ AM/PM Nourishment and Baume Contour des Yeux Anti-Rides from Clé de Peau Beaute.
Favorite body product?
Charlotte Ronson for Sephora A Summer’s Kiss Face and Body Glow—It creates a sun kissed look all year round.
Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?
My mother always told me that less is more, and I think that a natural, healthy glow is always more appealing than an overly-done look.
Beauty icon you admire?
Jane Birkin. I love her relaxed look: her tousled hair, and glowing, fresh face.
Editor’s Note: Charlotte Ronson makeup is available September 15, 2011 exclusively at Sephora stores and on their website, www.sephora.com.