Category:  bathing beauties

A Socialite’s Beauty Advice

By | bathing beauties | 12 Comments

Eleanor Ylvisaker isn’t only a beautiful Manhattan socialite, she’s also a brilliant Manhattan business woman. Eleanor has the highly coveted title of PR Director and Partner for one of our favorite denim lines, Earnest Sewn (I just wore my brand new Keaton Boot Cut jeans today… fabulous fit!). Eleanor speaks exclusively to Beauty Banter about all things beauty-related!

Eleanor and I used to live in the same apartment building in NoLita many, many years ago. She’s always been super sweet, classy, stylish, and blessed with naturally gorgeous skin! I kid you not, her complexion is like a porcelain doll… sure, genetics play a major role, but so does a great skin care regimen. So, of course, my first question to Eleanor is…

What do you use on your skin?
“I use only Yonka skin care products. They are clean and natural and leave the skin feeling glowing. I use their GEL NETTOYANT (Face wash), LOTION with essential oils (toner), FRUITELIA with fruit acids (day moisturizer); ÉLASTINE NUIT with glycoproteinic extracts (night moisturizer); NUTRI-CONTOUR with hazelnut oil (anti aging eye and lip crème). I’m also a big proponent of caring for you skin from the inside out. I try and consume loads of anti-oxidants by eating Goji berries, drinking Kombucha Tea, and taking flax seed oil and fish oil supplements.”

What’s in your make-up bag?
What’s your must-have, can’t live without product?
Laura Mercier’s Secret Brightener Pen. It gives you that natural glow under the eyebrow and at the temples. I even use it to brighten up under my eye after a long night!”
Red carpet tip or trick that you’ve picked up along the way?
“I have really deep under eye circles, so I always use a lighter shade concealer and make sure to apply it also on the sides of my nose which brightens up the dark shadows. Also, my natural skin color tends to be on the rosy side, so I use a very natural light blush color, if any.”

Tinsley Mortimer: Dior Beauty Ambassador

By | bathing beauties | 5 Comments

Manhattan’s favorite socialite, Tinsley Mortimer, has another title to add to her impressive resume: Dior Beauty Ambassador. And after you read this exclusive interview with Tinsley, you’ll know exactly why Dior chose her to speak on behalf of their coveted product line!

If you’re not familiar with the New York social circuit, you may also know Tinsley from her handbag line… Samantha Thavasa by Tinsley Mortimer… or from the countless photos of Tinsley that grace the society pages of Vogue and W Magazines.

Tinsley was turning heads long before becoming New York’s socialite extraordinaire. I’ve known Tinsley for many years now (we worked together back in the day) and she’s always been a natural beauty – gorgeous blond locks, a coveted clear complexion, a sexy bod to die for, and, most importantly, she’s one of the sweetest girls in all of Manhattan (and trust me, that asphalt jungle can make you mean)!

Tinsley speaks exclusively to Beauty Banter about her must-have beauty products!

DiorShow Blackout Mascara (a Beauty Banter fave!)
“This mascara is the absolute best!! I am addicted to fake eyelashes and with DiorShow Blackout you don’t need any. It is the one makeup product I cannot do without. It is thick, but not clumpy, and there is no need to keep applying it throughout the night. It lasts until you use your makeup remover.”

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in Fuchsia Poplin
“Gloss is always the finishing touch and this is a great sheer pink, perfect for spring. Be certain to reapply your gloss often so you look as fresh as you did when the evening started.”

Dior Addict High Shine Glossy Lipliners
“These new lipliners are my favorite; I have never used anything like them! The finish isn’t
matte but rather sheer and shiny with just enough color to subtly outline your lip. It creates a
very natural look and is almost like a gloss that lightly outlines the shape of your lip without overdoing it. You can even fill it in for a little more pigment and it has a nice smooth glossy quality to it.”

Dior Sun Couture Bronzer Palette
“I actually use this as blush. The palette has three colors and, when mixed together, they create a nice dark shading effect for the cheeks. I like blush to create a shadow on your cheeks and make your face more angular. I don’t like pink on the cheeks because I feel it makes my face look fuller and accentuates that fullness. The color of the bronzer is perfect to give you the right amount of definition on your face.”

Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen
“I use this under my eyes to cover up dark circles. Also, it is great to cover up blemishes. The little brush applicator is great to touch up even the smallest of imperfections.”

Diorissimo Eau de Parfum
“This is my new favorite scent. It is a classic and my mom used to wear it when she was young. It is so light and fresh. The scent makes me feel feminine, girly, and very me. I use it for day and night.”

L’Or de Vie Eye
“This eye cream is amazing!! It is so creamy and rich but not too heavy and thick that you feel like you have to rub your skin too hard just for it to absorb. It is made from the shoots of grape vines (at Chateau d’Yquem in France!) so it has the most natural and potent form of antioxidants for your under-the-eye area which we all need!! I use it under my eyes before I go to bed every night.”

Model Beauty Advice

By | bathing beauties | 16 Comments

Top model Amy Lemons has graced the pages of countless fashion mags, including the covers of Italian Vogue and American Bazaar.

You may also recognize her from her Louis Vuitton, Burberry and Tommy Hilfiger campaigns.

She’s strutted her stuff on endless runways like Versace, Calvin Klein, Chloe, Ralph Lauren, and Marc Jacobs (to name a few).

Not only is Amy a super hot super model, she’s also a super sweet fellow beauty whore!

In this ***exclusive*** Beauty Banter post, Amy tells us what products she can’t live without (and trust me, she’s used every product out there)!

Amy’s Picks (click on the product to buy):

NARS Laguna as bronzer
Stila Poppy Convertible Color as lip and blush (a Beauty Banter fave)
Anastasia Brow Pencil in ash blonde
Jouer Eye Shadow in cashmere (it’s a cream)
Do0wop body cream
Clinique Concealer in neutral
Loreal Featherlash Mascara in Black

Amy’s Daily Mantras:

“I alway uses cream blush as that gives your face a fresh glow.”
“I also use my fingers to apply my shadow as it blends better.”
“I ALWAYS USES SPF ON MY FACE. LESS WRINKLES WHEN I’M OLDER!!!”

(Sarah and Amy at an event at the Chateau Marmont, circa 2006)

SAG SPOTLIGHT: SHIRI APPLEBY

By | bathing beauties, celebrity looks | 21 Comments

The sexy and gifted actress Shiri Appleby, best known for her roles in Roswell, Swimfan, Six Degrees and as “Jailbait” in the current Tom Hanks flick, Charlie Wilson’s War, was kind enough to document her SAG Awards red carpet preparation exclusively for Beauty Banter.

Besides being gorgeous and talented (flawless skin, massive brown eyes and a long, thick mane to die for…), Shiri’s also just about the sweetest girl in all of Hollywood! We actually went to junior high together (she was just as equally beautiful and popular back then too!) and lately, we enjoy painting the town every M.A.C. hue of red!

Now back to the SAG Awards…

Shiri opted for a flirty black Miu Miu dress and nude, patent leather Christian Louboutins.

As for her beauty inspiration, she wanted “sexy and soft but modern.”

Daniel Erdman, Shiri’s longtime hair stylist, chose to do loose and long flowing hair with a lot of layers. As for their collaboration, Shiri says, “we just talk about life. I dictate how I feel and he turns it into a style.”

And for her make-up, Shiri actually did it herself (so un-diva… love it)! “I always do my own make-up. When other people do it, I never quite feel like I look like me. I like simple and clean. I’m all about a nice eye and nude lips.”

Shiri’s must-have make-up items (the ones she brought along to the SAG Awards…):
Stila convertible compact in Poppy (a Beauty Banter FAVE)
MAC eyeliner in grey
Rosebud Salve lip balm
DiorShow Blackout Mascara

And her one, can’t live without product…
MAC make-up wipes!
“I’m addicted. They’re soft, non-soapy and great for tired nights when you just don’t feel like washing your face.”

A-list Advice:
“I eat healthy, drink lots of water and work-out.”

Taking care of yourself from the inside out… we like it!

Kim Stewart’s Beauty Tips!!!

By | bathing beauties | 5 Comments

My B.F.F., the fabulous Kimberly Stewart, loves her beauty products (like moi!)

Her make-up drawers are filled with an endless supply of Nars and MAC, Lorac and Tarte. Her bathroom is like a beauty whores dream oasis. Products everywhere. From face care to hair care, body and bath to perfumes, Kim is the real deal beauty enthusiast! She travels the world being primped and photographed, and here Kim shares some of her rocking beauty tips exclusively with beauty banter!!!

“I love
June Jacobs Radiant Glow Self Tanning Lotion.
My dad (Rod Stewart) turned me onto this product. It’s a self tanner for the face, but it REALLY works. I don’t have to wear any face make-up when I use it and my skin looks flawless.”

“I use Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara on my lashes because it really makes my blue eyes pop. It’s thick and dark and never goopy. During the day, I don’t like to wear make-up, but I always wear this mascara whenever I leave my house.”

“When I travel, and I travel a lot for work (modeling), I always bring Jo Malone’s Nectarine Blossom and Honey Candle to burn in the hotel room. Candles create a certain zen-like ambiance, and Jo Malone candles have an incredible scent. It makes me feel less homesick.”

“Another traveling tip that I picked up is using conditioner as shaving cream. It doesn’t matter what brand as long as it is thick enough so that you don’t get razor burn. It creates a smooth shave and leaves my legs hydrated. It’s also one less product that I have to pack.”

“A fresh face with a hint of shimmer is essential. I use Shiseido The Makeup Luminizing Brush Powder. It has color and shimmer in the brush. A little goes a long way. And a tip about bronzers: only use on your cheeks, a dab on your nose, forehead and chin. Bronzer is not meant to be used over the entirety of your face. It’s meant to pop in places that a natural tan would.”

Ruby Stewart, Sarah Howard (me!) and Kim Stewart – Mexico; Summer, 2006