Category:  bathing beauties

face shot

Bathing Beauty: Britt Aboutaleb

By | bathing beauties | 2 Comments

You know that adage, “it’s not the job that makes the person, it’s the person that makes the job?” Well,  this is most certainly true in the case of Britt Aboutaleb. As the style news editor for Elle.com (she writes and edits the site’s popular fashion blog), Britt has been an integral part in creating the site’s personality and making it a daily must-read.

Read any article that has Britt’s name attached, and you will see her attention to detail. From the words she chooses to the stories she pens, Britt is changing the game of digital coverage one post at a time. In a space that was once inundated with derivative content, Britt brings both her original voice and savvy style experience to Elle’s fashion coverage.

Not exactly makeup obsessed, Britt only caught the beauty bug recently – largely due to her obsession with perfect skin. Don’t be fooled, though, for a beauty novice, she’s got rather good taste (in our humble opinion).

Here, Britt discusses the products that give her that coveted “glow” and her current adoration with anything Tata Harper.

What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1. Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum. This is the only product I actually can’t live without. I’ve struggled with my skin from the time I hit puberty up until about six months ago when I started using the serum. Now I have that elusive “glow.”
2. Chanel Inimitable Mascara. It earns, “Are those your real lashes?” from strangers almost everyday.
3. Nars The Multiple – Orgasm. Again, obsessed with the glow.
4. Lancome Artliner Precision Point Eyeliner. I love a cat eye and have experimented with dozens of eyeliners; this one is the best (and easiest to apply!).
5. Rodin Olio Lusso. I can definitely live without this, but when I put it on at night my face glows in the morning.

What is your all time favorite product?
Right now it’s anything Tata Harper. I’m obsessed with getting perfect glowing skin (it’s the first time in my life that I’ve come close) and Tata’s products are like magic. As far as makeup, mascara is the only thing I always wear.

What product do you buy in bulk?
I live in a studio in New York, so nothing! Though I’ve probably bought more than one mascara at a time.

What is your favorite hair product?
Charlotte Ronson’s A Perfect Mess Beach Spray makes my hair perfectly messy and smelling like the beach.

You moisturize your face with…
Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum and a few drops of whatever face oil is out on my sink.

Favorite body product?
In the spring summer I use Bobbi Brown’s Beach Body Oil. It smells ridiculous, like someone bottled the beach. In the winter I use Kiehl’s Crème de Corps Whipped Body Butter, which also smells great, but is thick enough to battle an East Coast winter.

Favorite beauty secret?
Drink a lot of water. I know that’s not a secret, but I can see the difference in my face when I do (or don’t) stay hydrated. Same goes for running.

Beauty icon you admire?
Brigitte Bardot! Or anyone French, really.

Rachel-Damsels2

Bathing Beauty: Rachel Chandler

By | bathing beauties | 8 Comments

As a fashionable New York “it” girl, Rachel Chandler knows a thing or two about working a lens. But this blondie prefers to be on the opposite side of the camera – shooting the pictures (her work can be seen in Purple Magazine and on Vogue.com) – as opposed to in front of it. Besides her budding photography career, Rachel is also a highly in-demand DJ and a fixture in both the fashion and art scenes.

While I’m a big fan of Rachel’s eclectic style, I’m also quite impressed by her effortless beauty. There’s something very old school about her look: the imperfect bob, pristine skin and focus on eyes are all reminiscent of the 1960’s and 70’s icons. A bit Debbie Harry, a bit Penelope Tree (sans the long hair), Rachel’s look can be described as a mix between rock and hippy. Take, for example, her adoration of blue mascara, yet the rest of her makeup routine is undeniably low maintenance.

image source

Read on the discover the secrets behind Rachel’s flawless skin, beauty icon, and the one product she travels across the globe to buy.

What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1 – Cle de Peau Concealer – I often mix this with my moisturizer as an allover coverup.
2 – Laura Mercier Tinted Moisterizer – I use this for day because it has SPF and really evens my skintone.
3 – Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil – I don’t wear much makeup but I like to strengthen my brow.
4 – Azur Blue DiorShow Mascara – It brings out my eye color and I wear it day and night. I don’t wear any other eye makeup.
5 – Argan Oil which I buy in Marrakech – I use it for everything: in my hair and on my skin. It’s very moisturizing. It has worked for Moroccan women who live in the desert for centuries!

What is your all-time favorite product?
This changes regularly but at the moment I am obsessed with Kheil’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate which I use not only at night, but all the time. When it starts to get cold in NY, the air gets very dry and this is the only thing that seems to give me instant relief.

What product do you buy in bulk?
Dove Bar Soap.

Favorite hair product?
Marrakech Oil which is a combination of Argan and Hemp oils. I highlight my hair and this keeps it healthy.

You moisturize your face with…
Kheil’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate and Dr. Hauschka Moisturizing Day Cream.

Favorite body product?
Bamford’s Organic Rosemary Body Oil. It works better than any moisturizer I’ve tried.

Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?
Less is more! It is tempting to go nuts with products, but I find that the simpler my regime, the better.

Beauty icon you admire?
Veronica Lake for that hair!!

image003

Bathing Beauty: Charlotte Ronson

By | bathing beauties | 4 Comments

Charlotte Ronson is one of the hardest working women I know. She has dedicated the past 10 years to designing her clothing line of NYC-chic and flirty threads, aptly called Charlotte Ronson.  Additionally, she has collaborated with Urban Outfitters, Shoshanna Gruss of apparel line Shoshanna for a swimsuit collection, JCPenney for a longterm partnership of contemporary sportswear, I [Heart] Ronson for JCPenney, and, most recently, an amazing makeup line exclusively for Sephora (click here for a recap of Charlotte Ronson Beauty). Oh yeah, and did I forget to mention, that she has 3 stand alone stores in Asia with a deal for 100 plus more?

Charlotte’s hard work paid off with this year’s induction into the CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) and Saturday’s NYFW Spring 2012 fashion show at Lincoln Center. With bright colors, denim patchwork and sheer fabrics, the Spring collection is proof of Charlotte’s incredible knack for cool-girl, wearable clothing (and definitely one of my favorite collections to date).

Touted as a fashion “it” girl and New York trendsetter, Charlotte is known for her effortless style, both in her fashion and beauty choices. And that hair! Charlotte rocks the perfect beach waves year-round (and now she’s bottled her secret and is selling it – amen!).

Here, Charlotte spills  – exclusively to Beauty Banter – her beauty staples and product must-haves:

What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1. Charlotte Ronson for Sephora A Perfect Mess Hair Tonic—It easily creates perfectly beachy waves, a look I love to keep all year long.
2. Charlotte Ronson for Sephora A Summer’s Kiss Lip Gloss— I love that it’s light-weight and sheer. All of the shades are wearable and not sticky.
3. Charlotte Ronson for Sephora All Eye Need Eyeshadow Quad in Nicole— The palette seems to compliment all skin tones, and highlights your eyes without looking too “done.”
4. Cle de Peau Beaute Correcteur Visage Concealer in Honey – The shade matches my skin tone perfectly and the formula doesn’t cake.
5. Charlotte Ronson for Sephora 3 X A Charm Luminizer, Blush, Bronzer in Shoshanna— brings out your natural glow.

What is your all-time favorite product?
Armani Mascara Eyes to Kill

What product do you buy in bulk?
MAC “Bulk” Wipes and RODIN Olio Lusso Face Oil

Favorite hair product?
Charlotte Ronson for Sephora A Perfect Mess— It reminds me of my mother’s [Ann Dexter-Jones] perfectly undone hair,
and recreates my summery-beach waves.

You moisturize your face with…
LANCER™ Skincare ‘Nourish’ AM/PM Nourishment and Baume Contour des Yeux Anti-Rides from Clé de Peau Beaute.

Favorite body product?
Charlotte Ronson for Sephora A Summer’s Kiss Face and Body Glow—It creates a sun kissed look all year round.

Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?
My mother always told me that less is more, and I think that a natural, healthy glow is always more appealing than an overly-done look.

Beauty icon you admire?
Jane Birkin. I love her relaxed look: her tousled hair, and glowing, fresh face.

Editor’s Note: Charlotte Ronson makeup is available September 15, 2011 exclusively at Sephora stores and on their website, www.sephora.com.

_MG_5532

Bathing Beauty: Stephanie LaCava

By | bathing beauties | 11 Comments

Stephanie LaCava is my favorite kind of woman: both beauty and brains. While her ginger hair (minus the blonde ambition moment) and signature style may get her noticed on the popular blogs and magazines, my favorite thing about Stephanie is her way with words. She’s insanely talented when she puts pen to paper, writing fashion, beauty, and culture pieces for Vogue, T: The New York Times Style Magazine, New York Magazine, and online at the Paris Review.

But our common bond is a shared adoration for all things beauty. Read on to find out  Stephanie’s beauty must-haves!

What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1 – Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer– I use this instead of foundation, set with the below.
2 – Lancome Dual Finish Compact – The perfect all purpose compact.
3 – Anastasia Clear Brow Gel – I love manicured brows.
4 – Nars Carthage Pure Matte Lipstick – An amazing coral pink to wear with all white or all black.
5 – Joelle Ciocco Oxyclear Eclat Nuit Jour – This smells-and feels- amazing (editor’s note: this product can be found at Isabelle Bellis).

What is your all-time favorite product?
Lancome Defincils Mascara. As a natural redhead, my eyelashes are really pale, but lonnnngggg. They only show up with mascara!

What product do you buy in bulk?
Duchess Marden Body Serum — and liters of Evian (serious, you need to hydrate!).

Favorite hair product?
Rahua Finishing Treatment – an amazing natural, vegan potion.

You moisturize your face with?
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture, Sensitive Skin. It’s available everywhere and awesome.

Favorite body product?
Nature’s Gate Colloidal Oatmeal Moisturizing Lotion. I will use this on my face if need be — it’s absolutely the most amazing all over cream.

Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?
Pilates with Mimosa Gordon and facials with Isabelle Bellis. Oh, and to smile. My father mocks me when I pose for family photos. He’s right- you look like an idiot when you try too hard. Just be happy.

Beauty icon you admire?
Vanessa Paradis. I love her hair, teeth- she’s cool, natural and has her own thing going on- no ironed hair or perfectly fake teeth.

csf

Bathing Beauty: Claiborne Swanson Frank

By | bathing beauties | 4 Comments

I have an affinity for beautiful women and beautiful images – photographer Claiborne Swanson Frank seems to have the same taste. It makes perfect sense, really. The Florida native and one-time assistant to Anna Wintour, spent her adolescent years on the family’s vineyard in Napa Valley (they own Swanson Vineyards). Combine acres of nature and that beautiful California sunlight with a fashion education (there’s no place like Vogue), and the result is bound to be one of pure beauty. Take a look at Claiborne’s portraits from her first series, Indigo Light (click here to peruse the work), and you’ll see what I’m talking about: Beautiful women, beautiful clothes, an ode to nature, and, of course, a mutual respect for natural light. And her subjects are quite interesting themselves – women like singer Vanessa Carleton, Vanessa Getty, and her own sister, Alexis Swanson Traina.

My adoration with Claiborne was, at first, based solely on her photos, but once speaking to her, I found that her exuberance for life was just as mesmerizing. And, of course, take one look at her self-portraits (featured in this post) and you’ll recognize that her talent is paired with a classic, effortless beauty.

So, here is the latest installment of Bathing Beauty: Claiborne Swanson Frank. Pay close attention to her beauty secrets: you can take the girl out of California, but you can’t take California out of the girl…

What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1 – Face masks. I use an array of Jurlique face masks that I’m nuts about. My two favorites would be the Moisture Replenishing Mask and the Intense Recovery Mask.
2 – I am also addicted to my Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel which is a serum. I adore the whole Jurlique line. I’ve been using it religiously since I was 18. I believe that holistic skincare is the true way to staying young and aging gracefully.
3 – I love the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes because they really remove all traces of mascara that I seem to have a very hard time getting off of my eyelashes.
4 – I also religiously use Renee Furterer Dry Shampoo as it gives me great volume and is my key styling product.
5 – When I’m feeling a bit pale, I love Clarins Self-Tanning Skin Lotion. Coming from California, I always like to have a glow. I also love my Dr. Hauschka Lip Balm that gets me through the dry, cold New York winters.

What is your all-time favorite product?
Rene Furterer Dry Shampoo. It gives me the texture and volume that I love.

What product do you buy in bulk?
Jurlique. I never seem to have enough Jurlique products at any given time.

Favorite hair product?
Besides dry shampoo, I love the Kerastase moisturizing hair mask because having long hair often means that the ends will get dry so it needs a bit more care and moisture.

You moisturize your face with…
Jurlique Balancing Day Cream in the morning and the Jurlique Calendula Lotion at night.

Favorite body product?
St. Ives Hydrating Vitamin E Body Lotion. I tend to have dry skin and find this lotion the most hydrating.

Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?
My beauty secrets are face masks and sunscreen. I use face masks three times a week and always wear 60 SPF on my face. I try drink a lot of water, go to bed early, and go to yoga.

Beauty icon you admire?
My beauty icon is Lauren Hutton for her free spirit, wild natural beauty and iconic American style.

Nikki Parkinson

Bathing Beauty: Nikki Parkinson

By | bathing beauties | 5 Comments

Nikki Parkinson

Nikki Parkinson is a journalist, fashion stylist, social media expert and fellow Shellac devotee, whose fashion and beauty site, Styling You, was named the Best Australian Blog of 2011 and has been featured in Australian VOGUE, Sky News and more. I discovered Styling You via friends in the Southern Hemisphere and, even with our opposing seasons (they’re in the midst of winter as we’re sweltering here), I find the site filled with fabulous tips and tricks taking runway inspiration and trends to real life.

As Nikki writes on Styling You, “I’ve long spent a disproportionate amount of my income on clothes and beauty products. I blame my politically correct mother who never let me have a Barbie doll (cue violin music here). Instead of Glamour Barbie, I unwrapped trucks and Meccano sets at Christmas time. I’m sorry, mum, but neither of those toys came with accessories.”

Styling You combines great writing with tips and tricks worth noting – in just the last week I pinned her posts on iconic brows and, while dreaming of cooler weather, tips for tying scarves with Parisian panache. (Yes, I’m ready for autumn already if my Pinterest boards are any indication.

From Queensland’s Sunshine Coast to here in the Golden State, Nikki was kind enough to share her “must haves.” Thanks, Nikki!

What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?

1 – Smashbox High Definition Concealer. This is my go-to concealer. It deflects all the evidence of my late nights on the computer blogging.

2 – Jane Iredale PurePressed mineral makeup. With this in my makeup kit, I can get a flawless face in minutes. And with three kids and my own business to run, sometimes that’s all I have in the morning.

3 – Lanolips 101 ointment. See below why I can’t live without this product! (I’m looking for a good place to find this in the US – will let you know – A.)

4 – Jane Iredale Moonglow bronzer. I can use this as an eye color, highlighter and bronzer – 24K gold flecks give me a glow even when I’m feeling and looking meh!

5 – Ella Bache Sports Bloc 30+ sunscreen. I’ve got fair skin but love to spend time at the beach. This sunscreen enables me to do this. It’s not greasy but stays on even when spending a long time in the water. It also doesn’t irritate my skin.

What is your all-time favorite product?

Lanolips 101 ointment.  It’s one of those genius all-natural products that has a multitude of uses. It’s an Australian product made from ultra medical grade lanolin. I apply it religiously every night to my lips as a bit of an overnight treatment but it also works on grazes, itchy and dry skin patches.

What product do you buy in bulk?

Sunscreen for me and the whole family. Our summer is long and the sun is super strong – plus we live at the beach.  We need pump packs of the stuff!

You moisturize your face with…

I’m always trialing something new but my dream moisturizer and one I’ve been lucky enough to try and continue to enjoy is Sodashi Samadara. It’s the ultimate in luxury chemical-free skincare and you massage it in using smooth rose quartz crystals. This is another amazing Australian brand – and it’s available in the top spas all around the world.

Favorite body product?

I love using shower gels. It’s my daily luxury – my five minutes to myself in the shower.  My favorite is Trilogy Botantical Body Wash. It’s a 500ml pump pack, so it lasts and it leaves your skin feeling moisturized and your mind rejuvenated and relaxed.

Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?

I’ve been doing this for some time now but years ago I was told to put on my eye makeup first – before foundation – so that you can easily clean off any fall-out from the eye color. And I’ve recently learned that I should be putting my concealer on over the top of my foundation. It is so much better this way as you need less concealer and it blends a whole lot easier.

Beauty icon you admire?

January Jones. I am Mad Men obsessed. Can’t get enough. And I love that January mixes up her red carpet looks. Sometimes we get a bit of Mad Men; sometimes a bit of sexy.  Her skin is always flawless and her hair glossy. That’s the key to a beauty icon in the making.

Source: haironthebrain.com via Nikki on Pinterest

Alex Asher Sears is a writer, photographer, editor and fourth generation Angeleno. She believes that you can find inspiration anywhere but thinks Slim Aarons, Nöel Coward and Diana Vreeland are a great place to start. Since 2007, she’s been sharing her eco-beauty finds with BB readers, but calls AlexandraWrote home.

118H3061R2

Bathing Beauty: Sarah Howard

By | bathing beauties | 8 Comments

Perhaps the question I am asked the most is “what are your favorite products?” That’s like asking someone who works at Willy Wonka what is his favorite candy – next to impossible to answer. As a beauty writer, I am constantly testing new products so I have a new favorite every few days. For example, my love for mascara is a constant, but the mascara I use is ever-changing. I go from high-end to drugstore back to high-end — and I’ve found many that are must-haves!

But, alas, here it is. Not necessarily my favorites, but my beauty staples. The products that will forever remain in my beauty arsenal, despite the other favorites that come and go… So, have a peak —

What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1 – Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20 in Sand– I write about this product often, and I use it even more frequently. It is, by far, the best tinted moisturizer I have found on the market. It evens out my skin tone and doesn’t make it look like I’m wearing a face full of makeup. Plus, oil-free is a major bonus.
2 – Tarte Hotel Heiress Mineral Bronzer – I like the look of a sun-kissed face, but learned in my 20’s that sun on my face is the enemy. That’s when I fell in love with bronzer. I use many bronzers but always return to Hotel Heiress. I think it gives the perfect golden hue; the closest color to actual sun.
3 – MAC Brow Set in Mynx – I received this in a PR mailing. At the time, I was using Anastasia’s tinted Brow Gel. That changed the moment I tried Brow Set. The brush gets into my hairs, covering the sparse areas with the tinted, brownish hue. The result: fuller arches that stay in place. I believe good eyebrows really frame the face. Brow Fix is the one product I use every day, without fail, even if I’m going totally bare-faced.
4 – Bioderma Crealine H20 – This is a relatively new product on my radar (about 3 years old), but I cannot live without it. It’s a French find, used in France as a waterless face wash because the Parisian women believe the water is too harsh for their delicate faces. I use it as a makeup remover. It takes off everything from waterproof mascara to HD Foundation. And it’s so gentle, you don’t feel it or smell it. It leaves no residue and I’ve never had a break-out from it, ever.  I JUST discovered that you can purchase it on amazon.com (click on the link above to redirect to the product), but, of course, it is more expensive than in Paris.
5 – Make Up For Ever Star Powder in Bronze Brown #930 – I’ve been using star powder since I was a teenager and, while I’ve tried other products that are similar, nothing compares to the pigment of star powder. Bronze Brown is my favorite and a staple in my beauty bag as I am a sucker for a gilded eye (always have been) and this color is the perfect gold to cover the entire lid. If I just want a hint of drama, I use my pinky finger, dab it into the powder and apply only into the inner corners of my eyes. You can never go wrong with gold.

What is your all-time favorite product?
I definitely don’t have an all-time favorite product. There are just too many fabulous products to choose from and too many more being made. But I’d say good brushes are crucial. And one tool that every beauty lover needs to own is the Beauty Blender. It will change the way you apply makeup. At the very least, the way you apply foundation and cover-up. It leaves your skin with an air-brushed effect while still giving you full coverage. It’s a genius product!

What product do you buy in bulk?
 Nivea Cherry Tinted Lip Care. I have been using it since it was Labello (Nivea acquired them a few years back) and you could only buy the balm in Europe. It’s my ultimate lip balm – moisturizing – never sticky -, with a hint of natural redish hue (my lips are quite pale, so I need a pop of color to make them stand out).

Favorite hair product?
Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Reactivating Mist. I used to live for John Frieda’s Ocean Waves and when the product was discontinued, my hair – and I – had a mini-meltdown. Then we found Reactivating Mist. It does the trick – gives my wavy hair a kick so that I can have just-stepped-out-of-the-ocean-and-off-the-beach hair all day, everyday if I choose.

You moisturize your face with…
AMOREPACIFIC Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel Oil-Free in the summer. Has a very light, gel-like consistency and is so refreshing yet hydrates without leaving the slightest bit of shine or grease. In winter I use AMOREPACIFIC Moisture Bound Vitalizing Creme which is a bit thicker but just as amazing. And for those brutally cold and dry days, I slather on a tiny amount of Weleda Skin Foods. It’s like medicine for the face – it’ll fix any cracking problem!

Favorite body product?

My obsession with body products is out of control. I love a good exfoliator, body wash, body lotion, bath soak – you name it. But a staple is Jurlique’s Rose Shower Gel and Body Care Lotion. Rose is one of my favorite body scents and Jurlique nails it! Not too perfumey, not too mild – it’s just the right amount of rose garden. The shower gel seriously lathers and the body lotion is light and fluid yet moisturizes and keeps my skin feeling incredibly soft.

Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?

Aquaphor fixes any beauty problem you have – from zits (yep, put it on your pimple!), to cracked cuticles, to eye makeup remover, to unruly eyebrows. It’s also great as a quick fix to use as a highlighter on cheekbones, mix it in with your favorite shadow to create a cream consistency (fab for the “gilded” look), add some foundation – a shade darker than your natural skin tone – and apply to legs and arms as your very own, DIY tinted body oil (models use Aquaphor and the likes on their limbs on photo shoots because the sheen adds a thinning effect). But my favorite use for Aquaphor has to be as a faux mascara… that you can sleep in! It’ll add sheen and length (although not color) to your lashes. So, if you have a boy spending the night, apply some Aquaphor to your lashes, cheekbones, lips and brows and you’ll look fresh and naturally made-up – without makeup!

Beauty icon you admire?
I’m really into Jane Birkin these days. There was such an ease to her beauty and she was quite comfortable in the nude, which I always find beautiful – when it’s tasteful. She’s my summer beauty muse! For all of my beauty inspirations, click here!

Bathing Beauty: Giuliana Rancic

By | bathing beauties | 23 Comments

You may know her from her recent Academy Award red carpet stint opposite Ryan Seacrest where she braved the world (and the HD TV) without face makeup. Or perhaps you’re familiar with her reality show, Giuliana & Bill (following her marriage to Apprentice winner Bill Rancic). Or maybe it’s E!’s Fashion Police along side Joan Rivers and Kelly Osbourne.

 Either way, Giuliana Rancic has got her pulse on pop culture and she’s a face worth the recognition. That’s why she’s our latest Bathing Beauty. Check out Giuliana’s favorite beauty products below (and learn how she actually did work the red carpet foundation-free).

 What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1.      DDF Revolve 400X Micro-Polishing System for my skin, which helps me polish away my skin’s imperfections making it look absolutely beautiful. Twice a week, I exfoliate with the Revolve 400X – in between treatments, I cleanse my skin daily with the same tool – it’s so simple – all you need to do is switch the head from the foam exfoliator to the cleansing brush, apply cleanser to the face (my favorite is the DDF Blemish Foaming Cleanser) and voila – my skin looks incredible.

2.      DDF’s Weightless Defense Oil-Free Hydrator SPF 45+ for every day protection against the sun. It’s great to use right before makeup application or for a day at the beach, this ultra light moisturizer absorbs almost instantly while hydrating the skin for eight continuous hours.

3.      Laura Mercier Eyelash Curler is so great for long lashes without using lash extensions, and it helps me look bright eyed and awake.

4.      Essie Limo Scene nail polish is the perfect shade.  Just enough color to pop, but light enough for the chips not to show.

5.      MAC Freckletone lipstick is the perfect light, neutral shade for everyday use.  I put it on over my lip balm to keep the moisture locked in.

What is your all-time favorite product?
My all-time favorite product is the DDF Revolve 400X Micro-Polishing System. I have a fairly quick and simple beauty regimen to keep my skin glowing and spot free – that’s also easy for anyone to do at home or on the road, too! That’s why I love the DDF Revolve 400X Micro-Polishing System.

Twice a week I exfoliate with the Revolve 400X – it’s an at-home skin resurfacing system that delivers 8X better facial exfoliation than a scrub alone. In between these treatments, I cleanse my skin daily with the same tool and my favorite DDF Blemish Foaming Cleanser, but switch the head from the foam exfoliator to the cleansing brush – it’s even shower safe!

What product do you buy in bulk?
Q – tips!  But doesn’t everybody?  Those boxes last me months if not an entire year!

Favorite hair product?
I love Alterna Bamboo Kendi Pure Treatment Oil. It keeps my hair looking shiny and radiant on the red carpet.

You moisturize your face with…
DDF’s Weightless Defense Oil-Free Hydrator SPF 45+ for every day protection against the sun. With its hydrating formula and high broad spectrum protection, the DDF Weightless Defense SPF 45+ provides a super lightweight, luxurious feel on the skin.

Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?
I’ve been using DDF’s Revolve 400X, and it’s incredible!  It actually helps polish away my day-to-day imperfections, making my skin look absolutely beautiful. I can even simplify my makeup routine and literally skip my foundation, like I did for the Oscars!

Beauty icon you admire?

I love Brigitte Bardot. She is such a beautiful woman and always looks effortlessly chic.

Bathing Beauty: Dawn Goldworm

By | bathing beauties | 6 Comments

Dawn Goldworm has a very special nose. It’s so special, in fact, that Coty Beauty Paris, the world’s largest fine fragrance manufacturer, picked her nose as one of two in-house scent evaluators. Dawn has collaborated with the worlds’ best perfumers to design global fragrances for celebrity, lifestyle and fashion brands including (but not limited to) D&V Beckham, Kate Moss, Kylie Minogue, Adidas and Playboy.

She also co-owns her own olfactive branding company with her twin sister Samantha, “12.29”. 12.29 designs custom scents for retail/corporate environments, public spaces, special events, and private homes.

Seeing that Dawn spends so much of her time nose deep in perfume, we thought it would be productive to get her views on all other beauty-related matters.

What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1. Aveeno Body Lotion – My mother began using it on my sister and I when we were babies.  I have used it every day of my life since.  It keeps my skin super soft and smooth.
2. Ponds Face Wipes – For late nights when you can’t manage to properly wash your face to long transatlantic flights which I am constantly on, Ponds is the best.  They are easy to travel with and don’t spill.
3. Clinique All About Eyes – The gel like texture is cool and moisturizing.  I use it in the morning, at night, on planes or anytime I need to refresh my eyes.
4. Kiehl’s Lip Balm – Have one in every bag!!!  The best lip-balm on the planet.
5. My perfume, my perfume, my perfume!!!!
And one extra – Chanel Vamp Nail Polish – so sexy, chic and classic.

What is your all-time favorite product?

Frederic Malle’s Musc Ravageur Perfume Oil – you can use it in the bath, after the shower or spray it in your hair.  Amazing!

What product do you buy in bulk?
Aveeno Body Lotion and Ponds Face Wipes

Favorite hair product?
Bumble & Bumble Tonic Lotion Spray (great detangler and smells amazing!)

You moisturize your face with…
Vichy Aqualia Thermal Mineral Moisturizer Balm (at night) and La Roche Posay Toleriane tinted moisturizer for day

Favorite body product?
Aveeno Body Lotion and Nars Monoi Body Glow for the bath

Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?

Spray your perfume at the nape of your neck.  As your hair moves, it helps your parfum breathe around you.

Beauty icon you admire?
My mother.  She is in her 50s and still has almost no wrinkles!  She is completely natural – no make up or surgery yet uses the finest skin and hair products keeping her skin and hair young, fresh and glowing!

Favorite Perfume?

I wear a spicy, animalic oriental parfum that makes me feel sensual and beautiful at the same time.  I use the oil in my hair and spray the perfume on the nape of my neck.  I wear an amber accord at night to sleep.  It is dark, warm and enveloping.