was successfully added to your cart.

Backstage Pass: Rag & Bone Spring/Summer 2013

makeup
By September 11, 2012 2 Comments

Backstage Pass: Rag & Bone Spring/Summer 2013

Though I may have been the only person not wearing black at the Rag & Bone show, backstage was as vibrant as ever. The chaotic pre-show prep and jitters had stylists, makeup artists, and journalists running from one interview to the next and here’s what they had to say about Spring/Summer 2013.

Revlon Global Artistic Director, Gucci Westman

“The clothes are very neutral with punches of color, so we wanted to keep the hair and makeup very simple and youthful. Our inspiration came from the 90s and Christy, so the face is very soft, pretty, and feminine. The brows have more structure and are very strong and the hair has a toughness to it. The look we’re going for is a tough but feminine girl – a little Katherine Hepburn-y, maybe even a little androgynous.”

The Look

Revlon Baby Stick in Pink Passion, (available April 2013)

Eyes:
Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in Addictive, $7.49
Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Brown, $8
Grow Luscious Mascara, $8
Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown, $7.50
Revlon Brow Fantasy in Light Brown, $7.50

Lips:
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Supermodel, $10 (available January 2013)
Revlon ColorBurst lip Butter in Super Plum, $7.49
Revlon ColorStay Lip Liner in Nude, $8

I was also fortunate enough to catch Jin Soon Choi, to ask about the nail colors used for the show as well as to congratulate her on her new nail polish collection, available this month. In keeping with the collection’s soft punk look, half the models sported ($5), a soft taupe-y hue, while others wore Revlon’s Top Speed in Spirit ($6, available January 2013), a bright white.

The makeup couldn’t have been more complimenting and fitting for the collection – clean, confident, and no-fuss. Will you be rocking this beauty look next spring?

Reported and written by Beauty Banter’s in-house assistant, Sara Ng.