was successfully added to your cart.

Baby It’s Cold Outside: The Tarte 2012 Holiday Collection

makeup
By November 1, 2012 43 Comments

Baby It’s Cold Outside: The Tarte 2012 Holiday Collection

I’m something of a Tarte devotee. It’s my go-to eco-chic makeup line because they consistently create fabulous products and raise the bar on green beauty. So, I was more than thrilled when they shared a sneak peek at their 2012 holiday line, Baby It’s Bold Outside. All wrapped up in festive foil ikat wrap, the sets are incredible deals and offer something for every makeup lover on your gift list. As far off as the holidays seem, one look at the calendar, and I realize the countdown is on.

For holiday parties all month and through New Year’s, I’m loving the EYE CATCHERS set, which comes with 5 full size Amazonian clay waterproof smolderEYE liners and also includes the debut of their brand new skinny smolderEYES in onyx. Each comes with a built in smudge brush on one end, and work for creating day to night looks. The pigments are incredible, and the Amazonian clay reduces oils on the eyelid while nourishing the skin. Retailing for $39, it’s a $144 value. You can find them at tarte.com, through Sephora and Ulta (online and in stores).

I have written before about how I love the 12-hour Amazonian clay blushes and after years of cream blushes and cheek stains, they had me putting my blush brush back to work. The fantastic foursome Amazonian clay 12-hour blush enthusiast set with half sized pans are perfect for travel. The colors are great for all skin tones and you can build color depending on the look you want. Also, when they say 12-hour, they really mean 12-hour. They live up to their promise in triple digit Palm Springs heat and humid New York August days. I’ve tested them repatedly. The set of four retails for $35 and is sold exclusively through Sephora, online and in stores.

The for the love of lipgloss 15-piece maracuja lipgloss collector’s set is genius because you can give it as one gift or divide it into several as they’ve packaged them in three sets ready for stockings or Secret Santas. They’re great for all ages, from my grandmothers to my preteen cousins. The marajuca oil nourishes, the Vitamin C exfoliates and they’re perfectly sized to throw in an evening bag. Exclusive to Ulta, you’ll get $120 worth of glosses for just $32. If split as three gifts, it’s about the cost of two drinks at Starbucks. But far prettier.

Tarte makes my favorite eyelash curler, and they’ve created a super cute ikat version for the holidays in the picture perfect™ curler and deluxe lights, camera, lashes!™ 4-in-1 mascara kit. It’s paired with a mini of my absolute favorite mascara – I’ve tried so many eco-brands and this remains my top pick. Made with rice bran and carnauba waxes, it adds volume while nourishing lashes. It’s $16 and available at tarte.com, and Sephora and Ulta online and in stores.

When it comes to everyday lip color, I always carry a Tarte lipsurgence lip tint. For the holidays, they created the statement lips 5-piece LipSurgence™ collector’s set and I think they make a great set or would be perfect to split up and tied atop gifts as a little something extra. Normally, a single lipsurgence pen retails for $24, but here you’re getting 5 for $34 – a $120 value. I’d grab a set to gift and another to keep. Available at tarte.com, Sephora and Ulta.

I’m not always a big fan of all-in-one kits, but Tarte created an Ulta-exclusive boxed set that offers a nice selection of eye, cheek and lip color – a $435 value – for $48. the big thrill limited-edition color collection includes 16 Amazonian clay shadows, 3 Amazonian clay blushes and my favorite bronzer, Park Avenue Princess. Three evening bag sized vitamin-infused lip glosses are great for day or night. And, they also include a great little cheat sheet for creating four looks using what’s in the box. Just add makeup brushes! I think a set like this is the perfect gift for any age, but especially teens just getting into makeup. You can pick this up at Ulta stores or their website.

While Tarte always does great value sets, I love that for 2012 they created a “best of” set with the stand outs limited-edition kit. It includes the top picks of Maureen Kelly, Tarte’s founder: a full sized Lipsurgence lip tint, full sized Amazonian clay eyeliner with a dual-sided brush, and a deluxe sized tube of lights, camera, lashes. For just a dollar more than the cost of one lip tint you get a great set that can create subtle looks for day or be layered for a more dramatic eye at night. A $58 value, you can pick this up for $25 at tarte.com, Sephora and Ulta.

In keeping with their eco style, each and every one of these sets is packaged to gift, with a “to” and “from” tag on the back of each box. Just add a bow and get gifting! xo alex

Alex Asher Sears is a writer, photographer, and fourth generation Angeleno. She believes that you can find inspiration anywhere but thinks Slim Aarons, Nöel Coward and Diana Vreeland are a great place to start. Since 2007, she’s been sharing her eco-beauty finds with BB readers. You can find her on twitter at @AlexandraWrote.

(This post contains affiliate links.)