Baby It’s Cold Outside:
The Tarte 2012 Holiday Collection

I’m something of a Tarte devotee. It’s my go-to eco-chic makeup line because they consistently create fabulous products and raise the bar on green beauty. So, I was more than thrilled when they shared a sneak peek at their 2012 holiday line, Baby It’s Bold Outside. All wrapped up in festive foil ikat wrap, the sets are incredible deals and offer something for every makeup lover on your gift list. As far off as the holidays seem, one look at the calendar, and I realize the countdown is on.

For holiday parties all month and through New Year’s, I’m loving the EYE CATCHERS set, which comes with 5 full size Amazonian clay waterproof smolderEYE liners and also includes the debut of their brand new skinny smolderEYES in onyx. Each comes with a built in smudge brush on one end, and work for creating day to night looks. The pigments are incredible, and the Amazonian clay reduces oils on the eyelid while nourishing the skin. Retailing for $39, it’s a $144 value. You can find them at tarte.com, through Sephora and Ulta (online and in stores).

I have written before about how I love the 12-hour Amazonian clay blushes and after years of cream blushes and cheek stains, they had me putting my blush brush back to work. The fantastic foursome Amazonian clay 12-hour blush enthusiast set with half sized pans are perfect for travel. The colors are great for all skin tones and you can build color depending on the look you want. Also, when they say 12-hour, they really mean 12-hour. They live up to their promise in triple digit Palm Springs heat and humid New York August days. I’ve tested them repatedly. The set of four retails for $35 and is sold exclusively through Sephora, online and in stores.

The for the love of lipgloss 15-piece maracuja lipgloss collector’s set is genius because you can give it as one gift or divide it into several as they’ve packaged them in three sets ready for stockings or Secret Santas. They’re great for all ages, from my grandmothers to my preteen cousins. The marajuca oil nourishes, the Vitamin C exfoliates and they’re perfectly sized to throw in an evening bag. Exclusive to Ulta, you’ll get $120 worth of glosses for just $32. If split as three gifts, it’s about the cost of two drinks at Starbucks. But far prettier.

Tarte makes my favorite eyelash curler, and they’ve created a super cute ikat version for the holidays in the picture perfect™ curler and deluxe lights, camera, lashes!™ 4-in-1 mascara kit. It’s paired with a mini of my absolute favorite mascara – I’ve tried so many eco-brands and this remains my top pick. Made with rice bran and carnauba waxes, it adds volume while nourishing lashes. It’s $16 and available at tarte.com, and Sephora and Ulta online and in stores.

When it comes to everyday lip color, I always carry a Tarte lipsurgence lip tint. For the holidays, they created the statement lips 5-piece LipSurgence™ collector’s set and I think they make a great set or would be perfect to split up and tied atop gifts as a little something extra. Normally, a single lipsurgence pen retails for $24, but here you’re getting 5 for $34 – a $120 value. I’d grab a set to gift and another to keep. Available at tarte.com, Sephora and Ulta.

I’m not always a big fan of all-in-one kits, but Tarte created an Ulta-exclusive boxed set that offers a nice selection of eye, cheek and lip color – a $435 value – for $48. the big thrill limited-edition color collection includes 16 Amazonian clay shadows, 3 Amazonian clay blushes and my favorite bronzer, Park Avenue Princess. Three evening bag sized vitamin-infused lip glosses are great for day or night. And, they also include a great little cheat sheet for creating four looks using what’s in the box. Just add makeup brushes! I think a set like this is the perfect gift for any age, but especially teens just getting into makeup. You can pick this up at Ulta stores or their website.

While Tarte always does great value sets, I love that for 2012 they created a “best of” set with the stand outs limited-edition kit. It includes the top picks of Maureen Kelly, Tarte’s founder: a full sized Lipsurgence lip tint, full sized Amazonian clay eyeliner with a dual-sided brush, and a deluxe sized tube of lights, camera, lashes. For just a dollar more than the cost of one lip tint you get a great set that can create subtle looks for day or be layered for a more dramatic eye at night. A $58 value, you can pick this up for $25 at tarte.com, Sephora and Ulta.

In keeping with their eco style, each and every one of these sets is packaged to gift, with a “to” and “from” tag on the back of each box. Just add a bow and get gifting! xo alex

Alex Asher Sears is a writer, photographer, and fourth generation Angeleno. She believes that you can find inspiration anywhere but thinks Slim Aarons, Nöel Coward and Diana Vreeland are a great place to start. Since 2007, she’s been sharing her eco-beauty finds with BB readers. You can find her on twitter at @AlexandraWrote.

(This post contains affiliate links.)

tagged in: , , ,

related posts:

Make-Up Banter with Sole Alberti...
When Fashion and Beauty Collide... Part Deux
Summer Face 2008

2 Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Pingback: I Heart Tarte: Holiday Eco-chic at Beauty Banter | Alexandra Wrote on November 1, 2012
  2. Trackback: pligg.com on March 11, 2013

28 Comments

  1. Becca @ The Beauty Sample
    November 3, 2012

    LOVE the packaging for this collection–I love a good ikat print! :)

  2. Valis
    November 6, 2012

    Hi ,

    Just wanted to let you know that we featured this post in Glam’s Best of the Beauty Blogs post. Keep up the great work!

    -Valis

  3. zobacz
    February 26, 2013

    Hi, I read your blog like every week. Your story-telling
    style is witty, keep up the good work!
    See this: zobacz, http://aion24.pl

  4. Jessie
    February 28, 2013

    You have made some decent points there. I checked on the web to learn more about the issue
    and found most individuals will go along with your
    views on this site.
    See this: Jessie, http://www.sex-prywatne-ogloszenia.
    pl

  5. Buddy
    March 4, 2013

    Hello mates, how is everything, and what you wish for to say concerning this post, in my view its in fact amazing in favor of me.

    See this: Buddy, http://www.erotyka69.pl

  6. Projektowanie ogrodów
    March 19, 2013

    Baby It’s Cold Outside: The Tarte 2012 Holiday Collection
    tak wiele Projektowanie ogrodów goryczy zaś taniej
    złośliwości.
    - Przepraszam. Projektowanie ogrodów Ozorków Rzecz jasna pamiętam tudzież – jakże mówiłem uprzednio – dziękuję zbytnio
    jakieś. Nawet gdy jesteś tędy służbowo. Umiesz moje określenie, Przeglądałaś rejestr? Te
    z Mińska? I być może późniejsze, z Litwy?
    Usiadł, aż jęknęły sprężyny. – Owe tudzież Kirpiczew podpiłowuje umie… Popatrz, skurwysyn guzik
    nie wygadał. Otóż kobieta powstała. Zniewoliła śpiwó.

  7. ę ziemi Dusza w tenże era daleka, och, daleka, w głębia
    płytkiego dołka. Ucha poprzednio niezupełnie http://issuu.

    com/tomas19797 nie stało pewnie.
    Trup Kirpiczewa jak i również fałszywych komandosów posiadali skonfiskować Rosjanie.
    Milkliwy
    porucznik, jaki przyleciał helikopterem,
    burknął garść o śledztwie, przecież Wagner oraz
    w taki sposób nie zaufał.
    Podejrzewał, że badanie zawęzi się do rozstrzelania kompletnego personelu
    ostrowskiej rezydentury wywiadu, bez wnikania, jaki zamies.

  8. sieg
    May 9, 2013

    I read this piece of writing completely about the comparison
    of most recent and earlier technologies, it’s awesome article.

  9. Eileen
    May 14, 2013

    Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your weblog. You have some really good posts and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please send me an e-mail if interested. Regards! raspberry ketone – raspberry
    ketones – raspberry ketone side effects

  10. Hi there! This is kind of off topic but I need some help
    from an established blog. Is it difficult to set up your own blog?
    I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about setting up my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thank you

  11. aranzacja
    May 23, 2013

    I visited several web pages except the audio quality for audio songs current at this website is in fact marvelous.

  12. sparklingly
    June 10, 2013

    łową. Jak dotąd wywiązywał się ze sparklingly własnej partie czynności.
    Najwięcej dawał starszy cechu szewców,
    rozeźlony chyba dużą śmiertelnością wśród czeladników.
    Spowodowaną notabene nie.

  13. szukam żony
    July 9, 2013

    May I just say what a comfort to discover somebody that
    genuinely understands what they are talking about over the internet.
    You actually understand how to bring an issue to light and make it
    important. A lot more people need to read this and understand this
    side of your story. It’s surprising you aren’t more popular because you definitely have the gift.

  14. randka
    July 30, 2013

    Hi! Quick question that’s totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My blog looks weird when browsing from my iphone 4. I’m trying
    to find a theme or plugin that might be able to resolve this problem.

    If you have any suggestions, please share. Many thanks!

  15. agencja towarzyska
    August 5, 2013

    Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clarity
    in your put up is just nice and i could think you are knowledgeable in this subject.
    Well together with your permission let me to snatch your feed to stay updated with coming near near post.
    Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

  16. ogloszenia matrymonialne
    August 6, 2013

    I think this is among the most significant information for
    me. And i am glad reading your article. But want
    to remark on few general things, The site style is perfect,
    the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

  17. sytropin lxwpro enhancement
    September 16, 2013

    Wow! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design.
    Wonderful choice of colors!

  18. ogłoszenia towarzyskie
    September 25, 2013

    I love what you guys tend to be up too. This type of clever work
    and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I’ve incorporated
    you guys to my own blogroll.

  19. agencja towarzyska
    October 7, 2013

    Wow, that’s what I was exploring for, what a data! present here at this
    blog, thanks admin of this site.

  20. iphone 6 release date
    November 3, 2013

    Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you really recognize what you are
    talking about! Bookmarked. Please also consult with my web
    site =). We could have a hyperlink exchange arrangement between us

  21. empower network
    November 5, 2013

    It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy.
    I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or tips.
    Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.

    I want to read more things about it!

  22. officemax Coupon code
    November 6, 2013

    Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I
    in finding It really useful & it helped me out much.
    I am hoping to present something again and help others like you aided me.

  23. ogłoszenia towarzyskie
    November 10, 2013

    I kno this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my
    own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup?
    I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% positive. Any suggestions or advice would be
    greatly appreciated. Thanks

  24. www.Freewebsite-service.com
    January 10, 2014

    .
    Leżał współcześnie z Wabiąca maszyny. zamkniętymi oczami, czekając, aż maszyny,
    http://www.Freewebsite-service.com, wpływowy lek przeciwbólowy
    zadziała. Wayner znowuż usiadł u dołu ścianą, bawiąc się precyzyjnym procesem
    wykreowanym w korporacji Heckler und Koch.
    Rosjanie sami nie produkowali pistoletów maszynowych.

    Legendarna pepesza nie
    doczekała się spro następców, seryjnie produkowano wyłącznie
    ppS, kolano
    puliemiot Sudajewa, Wspólnie z wstrz.

  25. Jannie
    June 7, 2014

    First off I would like to say terrific blog! I had
    a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
    I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your head before writing.
    I have had a hard time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out.
    I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15
    minutes are usually lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints?
    Thank you!

  26. Saved as a favorite, I really like our web site!

  27. a
    June 29, 2014

    I seriously love your website.. Excellent colors & theme.
    Did you develop this site yourself? Please reply
    back as I’m wanting to create my very own website and would like to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme
    is named. Thanks!

  28. Whether it is for your home or your business, it is important to keep the comfort level high.
    This condition normally affects older people and young
    children, but everyone is susceptible. Check whether anything is blocking the passage of water in the drainage hose,
    if there is any, clear it away.

Leave a comment

post comment