All Posts By:  beautybanter

Lid Smoothie AD (Large)

WEEKLY MUST-HAVE: Clinique Lid Smoothie

By | weekly must-have | One Comment

First Clinique launched the Lip Smoothie (which I became mildly obsessed with), and now they have officially launched the Lid Smoothie – a creamy, crease-resistant eye color that lasts for 8 hours (and I am majorly obsessed).

The first thing you need to know about the Lid Smoothie is that you can build the vibrancy of color you’d like by applying less or more of the formula. Second thing, it’s so easy to apply – either with a brush or your fingers (I prefer my fingers). Lastly, it blends effortlessly and smoothly and is great to use alone or under other shadows (like your favorite powder shadow to add texture). BONUS: the formula contains antioxidants to help protect the skin around your eye.

The collection comes in 12 shades: Salt and Pepper, Lick-orice, Currant Affair, Impromt-Blue, Bit O’Honey, Cashew Later, Sassy-fras, Ginger-ly, Cute-cumber, Pinkgo Bilboa, Seventh Heather,and Born Freesia.

Colors range from champagne nude to pale purple to soft pink to charcoal grey (Salt and Pepper, my favorite – fabulous for a smoky eye). For the final days of summer, I’m loving Bit O’ Honey, a champagne nude that really helps the tan to pop (and your eyes too).

Bottom line: These Lid Smoothies are so much fun to play with and can be used as a light wash of color or for a more dramatic eye. They are easy to apply (any one can do it – it just takes your finger!) so even if you’re not an eye makeup sort of person, these are a good starter product as they’re quite dumby-proof. And there is definitely a color in the collection to suite everyone.

Available now online at clinique.com.

PRICE TAG: $19.50

tumblr_llc9nxfqjV1qblq88o1_500

The Skinny on Cellulite

By | body | 17 Comments

It’s still beach season for another month and while there’s not much you can do at this point to change your body, knowledge is power, ladies.

What’s always baffled me is how I’ll see a perfectly skinny girl with a thigh full of cellulite. So, I decided to ask the experts – does cellulite discriminate? I think it’s time we have a serious conversation and dispell those cellulite rumors once and for all. Who knows, perhaps by next summer you’ll be “cottage cheese” free!

Keep reading for fitness expert, Joe Dowdell (he’s worked with celebs like Natalie Portman, Eva Mendes, Anne Hathaway, and Claire Danes – not bad bodies all around) and dermatologist, Dr. Elizabeth Tanzi (who has served as a consulting dermatologist for L’Oreal to assist in advanced skin care product development) exclusive insight and tips:

BEAUTY BANTER: How do you get cellulite? Is it genetic as I’ve been lead to believe?
JOE DOWDELL: Yes, genetics play huge role, but you can help diminish the possibility of cellulite occurring, especially if you know that your family is predisposed to it.  Make sure you are eating clean, free range, grass fed, organic, unprocessed, hormone and pesticide free food sources.   Build a diet around lots of lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, berries and lots of good fats (i.e., nuts and seeds) and in particular, make sure you get enough Omega 3 Essential Fatty acids via Fish Oil supplements.
DR. TANZI: Cellulite affects upwards of 90% of women after puberty.  Genetics is part of it, but also weight, exercise and hormone fluctuations are involved too.
BB: What exactly IS cellulite?
DR. TANZI: Cellulite is the combination of fat pockets that get caught between fibrous (firm) bands under the skin. The fat gets squeezed by the bands and puckers up under the skin that leads to the “cottage cheese” appearance. It’s definitely worsened by female hormones which is why women are affected much more than men.
BB: Do food choices make a difference? if yes, what types of foods increase cellulite?
JOE DOWDELL: The less sugar and processed foods that you eat, the less negative hormonal impact you will place on your body, making it less likely that you will store excess fat.
DR. TANZI: Food choices are only important if they cause you to gain weight. Although even skinny women can have cellulite, it’s much more noticeable in women who are overweight.

BB: Are there foods that decrease cellulite?
JOE DOWDELL:  Fish Oil supplement is a big step in the right direction. In addition, it has been hypothesized that following these same strategies will reduce the incidence of varicose veins.
BB: What is the most effective way of treating cellulite?
DR. TANZI: There is no permanent treatment for cellulite, only treatments that can offer long-term (months) improvement after a series of treatments. In my opinion the best treatments are Velashape and Thermage. The cost of treatment can range from $500 to several thousand dollars depending on the areas of desired treatment.
BB: Are there any workouts or treatments that can help diminish the appearance of cellulite?
JOE DOWDELL: Yes, a combination of total body strength training and energy system training (i.e., high intensity intervals and/or aerobic intervals ) will help increase lean muscle mass and decrease body fat, which will definitely affect the appearance on cellulite. It should be noted that there are plenty of skinny models that have a ton of cellulite, mainly because they are “skinny fat,” and are often misguided by the desire to be thin at all costs via calorie restricted diets, minimal protein intake, an overabundance of poor carbohydrates choices and very little strength training rather than trying to be lean and fit. Big, big mistake!!! As for magic creams or solutions, keep walking past those bottles and boxes at your local drug store, save your money, buy a gym membership and eat well.
BB: How can you treat cellulite from home?
DR. TANZI: Topical creams that contain caffeine or aminophylline will work temporarily, but they must be used every day to see the results.
BB: Are there certain products that you would recommend for cellulite reduction or are these products on the market just gimmicks?
DR. TANZI: Many of the products are gimmicks, there is no way that you can “massage” cellulite away. There is a reason why there are hundreds on products for cellulite on the market – because none of them work very effectively.
BB: Does everyone have cellulite? Is it inevitable that we will get it at some point in our lives?
DR. TANZI: Yes, most women will deal with cellulite at some point. In fact, it’s more normal to have cellulite than not, but that doesn’t mean we have to give up trying to make it look better!

Losing weight may help reduce the overall appearance of cellulite. Have you considered using Sensa to reach your weight loss goals?

tumblr_lni9mpxMPA1qiyc7jo1_500

Beauty Tips: Beautiful Lips

By | how to | 93 Comments

Everyone has lip envy. And if they say they don’t, chances are they’re lying. If it’s not the shape or the size they’re unhappy with, then it’s the color. That’s why I love makeup so much. It’s the perfect anecdote to these trying problems.

image: Marilyn Minter

Here are a collection of some of my favorite tips for kiss-worthy lips from the people that know best….

1 – “Lipsticks have a tendency to dry the skin around your mouth. Pat some moisturizer on again mid day to hydrate and minimize lines (or lines that want to form!)” – Helen Noble, author of Being Simply Beautiful and founder of Belacrema skin care

2 – “Before applying lipstick, pat a little bit of baby powder (talc free is best) onto your lips for extra staying power” – Danna Nashaat, Founder of Kaia House

3 – “To plump your lips naturally apply some cinnamon oil to your lips in the morning. This increases blood flow and plumps your pout!” – celebrity makeup artist, Jasen Kaplan

4 – “Using a nude lip liner in fair, light, med or dark is the best way to make lips appear fuller and not over or un-naturally lined.” –Lori Taylor, Director of Artistry, Smashbox Cosmetics

5 – “Even non-smokers can wrinkle around the mouth. We all pucker our lips to drink out of waterbottles and especially when we sip through the holes of the coffee cup lids. Remove the lid, pour your drink into a glass. Besides, glass is better for the environment – and your mouth wrinkles.” — Lauren Santo Domingo, Vogue Contirbuting Editor

6 – “To make lipstick last forever, matte it down by blotting with a tissue, pressing a little loose powder over the top then reapplying and blotting with a tissue again.”–Liz Pugh, International Celebrity Makeup Artist for Rimmel London

7 – “If you pat shimmer eye shadow on your lips, I find the shimmer lasts longer than from a shimmer lipstick.” –Dylan Lauren, owner, Dylan’s Candy Bar

8 –  “For the shiniest lips around, add vitamin E oil on top of any lipstick or gloss. Also works great solo – and infuses the all-important vitamins into your pucker.” –Sarah Howard (one of my personal favorite tips)

kesari-2

KeSARI Skin Care + GIVEAWAY

By | skin | 38 Comments

I first discovered KeSARI skin care at the Mzia Shiman Spa on 59th Street and 5th Avenue. I was having a facial – one of the best facials of recent years, I might add – and KeSARI products were being used on my skin. I instantly fell in love with India’s best kept beauty secret.

And now I’m not only sharing it with you — I’m going to do a GIVEAWAY!!!

But first, a bit about the line. KeSARI is inspired by India’s natural healing ingredients and ancient traditions.

KeSARI means Saffron in Hindi.   The expensive and potent natural resource is known as the Spice of the Gods and has been used in Indian beauty rituals for centuries to firm and smooth dry skin.  Coming from the dried stigmas of the saffron crocus, it takes 75,000 blossoms or 225,000 hand-picked stigmas to make a single pound.  One ounce of saffron is literally worth its weight in gold.

The line consists of 3 skincare products:

Pore Minimizing Indian Clay Masque – Featuring Triphala Radiance™ complex, Saffron, Indian clay, Kokum Butter, Aloe Vera, and Hyaluronic Acid; this masque deep-cleans, minimizes the appearance of pores, and moisturizes the skin. $29.50/6 oz

Triphala Radiance Firming Serum  –  three transforming herbal extracts –  Amla, Bibitaki and Haritaki – fuse together to replenish and reawaken skin, imparting pure and natural radiance.  $49.50/1.7 oz

Dark Circle Brightening Cream with Triphala Radiance™ and Eyeseryl® for Puffy Eyes– A unique combination of Indian Botanicals, Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, vitamins C and K1, and Chamomile counteract three prime signs of aging around the eye area—moisture loss, reduction of elasticity, and free radical damage. $37.90/ 15 ml

THE GIVEAWAY!

We will be giving away 1 full size mask and 1 full size eye cream (above) – both are must-haves for beautiful, radiant skin!

Total Value: $67.40

How To Enter:

Contest is open to United States participants, only. You must leave a comment below with you your facebook name (very important!), be subscribed for our newsletter (subscribe at the right) AND LIKE US ON FACEBOOK (you can like us on the right side of the site)! We will notify the winner via a post on our Facebook page! Once notified on Facebook, you will have 24 hours to respond to the post – or we will choose someone else. Winners are chosen at random. We do check to make sure that you are subscribed to our newsletter… if you are not, you will be disqualified.

Contest ends at 10pm (PST) on thursday, august 4, 2011

That’s all.

Good Luck! You’ll love the products!

tumblr_lp1wxoqTsU1r0b7oco1_500

INSPIRATION: Mia Farrow

By | inspiration | 4 Comments

The latter part of Mia Farrow’s life has been overshadowed by controversy – largely due to her longtime boyfriend, Woody Allen, marrying her adopted daughter, Soon Yi. Never-the-less, in her earlier years, Farrow was quite the movie star.

Married to Frank Sinatra, lead actress in the Roman Polanski’s 1968 horror hit, Rosemary’s Baby, Farrow looked and played the part of Hollywood starlet to perfection. She was that natural beauty mixed with feminine innocence that the late 1960’s was churning out in droves. But Mia Farrow stood out from the crowd- she had something rare. For one thing, that bone structure is unparalleled. Not many can pull off a boy cut and still look so damn angelic. And then there are those eyes, beautiful yet soulful. But it’s the hair – the pixie cut, that really made Mia Farrow a star.

Like 1960’s model Twiggie, when Farrow chopped her locks into a short pixie, it became an instant hit. One that is still emulated today with the likes of celebrities like Emma Watson and Michelle Williams. So few can pull it off like Mia, and so few have. She literally legitimized the boy cut on women – making it sexy and feminine and glamorous. And for that, Farrow is a timeless beauty inspiration.

Here are a few of my favorite Mia Farrow images:

CindySherman-Beauty-3-72

MAC + Cindy Sherman Collaboration

By | makeup | 14 Comments

MAC is known for their out-of-the-box thinking, but they really went above and beyond with their latest collaboration – one with artist/ photographer Cindy Sherman. For those not in the know, Cindy Sherman has become widely successful for injecting herself as the subject of her own photographs. “Through a number of different series of works, Sherman has raised challenging and important questions about the role and representation of women in society, the media and the nature of the creation of art.” source

I’m quite impressed by this latest collaboration, not just because of my respect for Sherman as an artist (although I do have the utmost respect for her), but also because of the melding of two great art forms – makeup and photography (the former actually being recognized as an art form is major).

As always, Sherman models the colors and looks on herself in a series of 3 wildly fun and outrageous portraits. Here’s a first look:

And here are the deets on the collection, due to launch September 29th for a limited edition run (until October 27th)

Fluidline ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN)

Ash Violet Blackened purple (Limited Edition)
Blacktrack Solid flat black

Lipstick ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)

Fleshpot Pale muted pinky beige (Satin) (Permanent at PRO)
Violetta Bright clean violet purple (Amplified) (Permanent at PRO)
X-S Dirty red chestnut (Satin) (Permanent)
Plum Bright Purple (Satin) (Limited Edition)
Neon Orange Bright clean orange (Amplified) (Permanent at PRO)
Show Orchid Vivid hot pink (Amplified) (Permanent at PRO)
Fusion Pink Bright coral (Amplified) (Permanent at PRO)
Ruby Woo Vivid bluish-red (Matte) (Permanent)
See more info & photos!

Lip Erase ($18.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN)

Dim N37 (Permanent at PRO)
Pigment ($20.00 U.S. / $24.00 CDN)

Tan Muted pinky brown bronze (Permanent)
Emerald Dusk Deep yellow blue with white pearl (Limited Edition)
Blue Storm Rich metallic blue (Limited Edition, Repromote)
Starless Night Deep black purple with light purple pearl (Limited Edition)
Neo-Orange Intense neon salmon (Matte) (Permanent at PRO)
Magenta Madness Intense neon blue pink (Matte) (Permanent at PRO)
Violet Vivid bright violet purple (Frost) (Permanent)
Golden Olive High frosted green-gold (Frost) (Permanent)
Lash ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN)

36 (Permanent)
Parlor Smoke Eyeshadow Quad ($38.00 U.S. / $45.00 CDN)

Parlor Smoke Mauve grey (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Cross Cultural Neutral brown (Matte) (Limited Edition, Repromote)
Steel Almost black (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
Indigo Navy (Matte) (Limited Edition)
Bronzing Powder ($23.00 U.S. / $27.50 CDN)

Solar Riche Mid-tone deep orange brown (Limited Edition, Repromote)
Nail Lacquer ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN)

Coco Clay Warm chocolate (Limited Edition)
Oyster Shell Light stone grey (Limited Edition)
Kohl Power ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN)

Feline Rich black (Limited Edition, Repromote)
Eyeshadow ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN)

Three Ring Yellow Yellow green (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
Passionate Real mid-tone red (Matte) (Permanent)
Blue Candy Clean blue (Satin) (Limited Edition)
Shock-a-holic Deep purple (Satin) (Limited Edition, Repromote)
Royale Clean violet (Matte) (Limited Edition)
Chromagraphic Pencil ($15.00 U.S. / $18.00 CDN)

Process Magenta Matte magenta (Permanent at PRO)
Basic Red Primary red (Permanent at PRO)
Hi-Def Cyan Cyan blue (Permanent at PRO)
Rich Purple Dense purple (Permanent at PRO)
Mineralize Skinfinish ($28.00 U.S. / $33.50 CDN)

Lightscapade Soft candlelit beige with multi-dimensional shimmer (Limited Edition, Repromote)
Porcelain Pink Soft pinky coral with gold veining (Limited Edition, Repromote)
Jumbo Penultimate Eyeliner ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)

Rapidblack True black (Limited Edition, Repromote) (Permanent in small size)
Lipglass ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)

C-Thru Peachy beige with shimmer (Limited Edition, Repromote)
Pink Fade Pale pink (Limited Edition)
Orange Tempera Pale peach (Limited Edition)
Good Times Pale mauve (Limited Edition)
Angel Flame Quad ($38.00 U.S. / $45.00 CDN)

Chamomile Creamy pale yellow (Satin) (Limited Edition, Repromote)
Feather Pink Mid-tone pink (Satin) (Limited Edition)
Angel Flame Coral that flashes pink/yellow (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Gravel Blue-grey (Matte) (Limited Edition)

0416-mac_pret_a_papier_zoom_bd

TREND: Coral, The Color For Summer

By | trends | 5 Comments

With just over a month left of summer, we thought we’d give you one final color trend you need to be wearing come beach or bbq – coral! Just last week Rose Byrne was spotted wearing a coral lip to the  Zimmerman 2011 Resort Collection dinner in Hollywood. Celebrity makeup artist Fiona Stiles created the “bright, happy” look.

We spoke with Fiona along with 4 other amazingly gifted makeup artists to find out their tips on how to wear coral right, why coral is summer’s it color, and their must-have product recommendations.

Celebrity Makeup Artist Fiona Stiles: “Coral works on all skin tones and is more fun and festive than a red or pink lip (it also makes teeth look nice and white). It’s less vixeny than red and more sophisticated than shocking pink. With fair skin it gives a beautiful contrast to the skin and with warmer skin tones it brings out the pretty golden undertones.”

Product Picks: “My hands down favorite coral lipstick is Ginger Fawn from Tom Ford’s Private Collection. It’s not too orange, not too pink amd is the perfect texture.”

M·A·C Cosmetics Senior Artist Chantel Miller: “The coral trend is about the 70’s coming back. The trend began lightly in NY and then in Milan.  The difference this season is thatcoral is being used as a monochromatic “look” rather than a single point of reference in a makeup.  What makes this easy to wear is that one product can be used in multiple places.

Remember coral will always be a color that is celebrated in trend because it is a basic skin tone enhancer for a glamorous smokey eye, an angelic dash of color when romantic makeup is the rage and just an all around shade that works well at anytime.  When the trend focuses on coral you can really let it loose!”

Product Picks: “Try MAC Cosmetics Powder Blush in Peaches or M·A·C PRO Cream Colour Base in Virgin Isle, lightly applied to eyes lips and cheeks, the trick is to keep it all quite sheer.  Perfectly applied mascara is a must, try M·A·C Cosmetics Mascara in Haute & Naughty Lash, and slightly tanned skin can really work if coral feels like too much color for you, try M·A·C Cosmetics Bronzing Powder in Matte Bronze or Refined Golden.”

Lancôme National Makeup Artist Alex Sanchez: “Coral has a wonderful brightening effect for the face. Be sure to choose coral lipstick shades that are creamy and glossy vs. matte and metallic. Think modern beach-peachy vs. dated frosty-apricot.”

Celebrity Makeup Artist Beau Nelson: “Coral makeup looks great on everyone, and its particularly easy to wear in the summer months when you have a bit of a tan, although I also love coral makeup on very pale skin.

Coral cream blush is a must have for summer because its easy and its dual purpose. Using your index finger and middle finger pick up product and then rub the product on the same fingers from the opposite hand. Use a gentle tapping motion on the cheeks with both hands at once to evenly distribute the color onto the cheeks, and the tapping motion will blend it for you.

A bright coral lip is a great summer evening statement. Apply straight from the tube and then use a light tapping motion of your index finger to push the color out to the edges so its soft and blended looking. Dust bronzer all over the face and add two coats of mascara to complete the look. Softly metallic coral blush is a pretty way to enhance skin, try layering it over an existing matte blush to add dimension and create a shade all your own.”

Product Picks: NARS Gina blush; MAC Virgin Isle Cream Color Base; Illamasqua Mistress Intense Gloss; Chanel Orange Fizz Nail Color; Glominerals Passion Fruit Lipstick”

Dior Celebrity Makeup Artist Ricky Wilson: “Coral is always a great color to wear in the summer because it looks best on sun kissed skin. It is also a color that any skin tone can wear with confidence if done right.

Eyes: Wearing color is tough for many women but if you keep the brighter color sweep on your lids you will avoid looking to bright and made up. Coral shades can be worn as an instant eye popping look in just a few steps. I like to take one color and sweep it on the lid blending up to the crease, followed by a touch of brown eye pencil and Diorshow Blackout mascara.

Cheeks: Who doesn’t love a nice summer flush?? It’s the easiest way to pull your look together in the summer without adding lots of makeup. One of my fave summer looks is blushing the apples of the cheeks with the new Diorblush in Pink in Love and adding a touch of mascara and lip gloss.

Lips: Corals can be bold or sheer for the lips as both look amazing depending on your own personal style of makeup. The key to wearing coral in the summer is ditch the harsh lip liner. You want the edges of your pout to look soft and natural. Try blotting the lipstick on with your finger starting in the center of your mouth and work out towards the edges. Feel free to gloss this look for a nice succulent lip or keep it demi matte for a retro coral effect.”

My favorite coral color picks:

Lancome Replenishing & Enhancing Lipcolor in Coral Ribbon

Givenchy Gloss Interdit in Succulent Orange

Rouge Dior in Coral Serum

Too Faced Full Bloom Cheek & Lip Creme Color In Prim & Poppy

Aubrey Organics Powder Blush in Bronzed Peach

tumblr_lif38kHzKU1qe36oho1_500_large

Happy 5th Beauty Banter…

By | Uncategorized | 3 Comments

Beauty Banter turns 5 this month and we thought we’d celebrate with a MAKEOVER…

Here it is – the new and improved Beauty Banter. Easier to navigate, new features, new design, same great content.

Let us know if there is anything you’d like to see us add, or a specific topic you’d like covered … it may be our birthday, but we’d never be here if it weren’t for YOU – so, thanks to our beautiful and loyal readers.

Enjoy!

P.S. Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Sign up for our newsletter! (all on the right sidebar).

xoxo,

Beauty Banter

DIY: Foot Scrubs

By | diy | 12 Comments

Feet are in full fashion come summer. If you’re not flaunting your feet in sandals, then chances are you’re walking around the beach barefoot.

So, you’ll want to have flawless feet. Not a hair (yuck) or a dry skin misplaced.

I searched my files for my favorite Do It Yourself foot scrubs (+ a great one to buy when in a rush and/ or not the ingredient-mixing type of girl). Here are my top 5:

1 – Strawberry Foot Scrub

Ingredients

8-10 strawberries
2 tablespoons Apricot oil (you may substitute with olive oil
1 teaspoon of coarse salt, such as Kosher salt, or Sea Salt
Preparation

Mix all ingredients into a paste, massage into feet, rinse and pat dry

source

2 – Honey & Almond Foot Scrub

Ingredients

Honey Almond Foot Scrub Recipe
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
11 almonds (1/2 oz.)
Juice of ¼ lemon

Grind almonds into a fine meal in a blender or food processor. Mix almonds, olive oil, honey, brown sugar, and juice of lemon. Rub onto feet and massage, then rinse off. Makes enough for a single foot scrub application.

source

3 – Salt Foot Scrub

Ingredients

1 cup of sea salt or Epsom salt
1/2 cup of cold water
2 drops of lavender essential oil

Start off by gradually adding water to salt and lavender oil
As you are adding it, you want to make sure the mix starts looking like a paste. It has to be not too liquid and not too solid, it should be like soft though otherwise it will run between your fingers
Rub your feet and soles in circular motion
Rinse off with warm water.

source

4 –  Natural Lemony Mint Foot Scrub

Ingredients

Lemon softens and brightens your dull-looking feet while mint cools and refreshes tired feet.
1 lemon
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
15 fresh mint leaves, chopped
2-3 drops lemon essential oil

Slice the lemon into small pieces. Place them in a blender and form a pulp. Remove and then add sugar, almond oil, mint leaves and lemon essential oil.

source

5 – Store Bought!

Aromafloria For Feet’s Sake Foot Scrub Tube – A paraben-free, lemon-scented foot scrub that is both refreshing and exfoliating as it removes dry skin leaving legs and feet happy and soft! PRICE TAG: $11.99

Summer Hair Repair

By | hair | 4 Comments

I find that my scalp becomes excessively more oily yet my hair more dry during the summer season. I chalk this up to humidity and product build-up (scalp oiliness) mixed with sun and salt water (dry ends) – a deathly combination for your strands. So, every Sunday night, I like to do a little Rx on my hair and scalp.

I start with a Clarifying Shampoo – one that removes excess oil and product build-up. Pureology makes my current favorite as it is sulfate-free and does a fantastic job of removing all unwanted guck and grease due to the unbearable humidity.

Then to take care of the dryness that is destroying my ends, I like to do a hair mask immediately following the Clarifying Purify Shampoo. I think of it as a purging of all product build-up and then a replenishment of all lost moisture. I use Pureology’s Hydra Cure Intense Moisture Hair Masque on my ends only and let it settle in for about ten minutes. This is the perfect time to shave my legs (the most lothesome of all beauty traditions!) or, perhaps, use a face mask. Then I rinse and let my hair air dry while I sleep, waking up to beautifully clean, refreshed and rehydrated hair.

The combination of a strong wash and hydration offers the perfect antidote to summer’s offensive weather and the toll it takes on your lovely locks.

Keep them healthy with a little Sunday night hair repair. The rest of the week’s going to be a killer. And Sunday night you’ll have to do it all over again.

PRICE TAG: shampoo – $25.00 / mask – $34.95