A Look Back: Met Ball 2012

Tonight’s the night: The Oscar’s of fashion, where celebrities and supermodels will don gowns, jewels and an array of lipstick shades to pay homage to British punk culture. The Met Gala is finally here and you can watch the red carpet live at 7PM EST through Moda Operandi.

In preparation of tonight’s festivities, let’s take a look back at some of the most beautiful faces from the Met Ball 2012: Schiaparelli and Prada’s Impossible Conversations.

In the slideshow:
Amber Heard (A coral lip and come hither eyes)
Beyonce (bare faced and beautiful)
Carey Mulligan (strong, dramatic eyes)
Camilla Belle (love this dark lip)
Doutzen Kroes (orange lips are very on trend)
Diane Kruger (fresh-faced and spring-y)
Gisele (bare faced with fantastic bone structure!)
Jessica Alba (sexy in her exaggerated side part and red lips)
Jessica Biel (blunt bangs, pencil straight hair and dewy skin)
Jessica Chastain (with her signature Old Hollywood glam curls and red lip)
Joan Smalls (smoky eye/ nude lip combo)
Karlie Kloss (love all of these colors – lips and eyes are bright and bold)
Kate Bosworth (that dark lip is everything)
Rihanna (light makeup and esoteric buns)
Rooney Mara (berry stained lips)
Rosie Huntington- Whiteley (gilded lids and impossibly flawless complexion)
Scarlett Johansson (on trend with a creamy coral lip).

  • You selected some of the most amazing shots from last year, I can’t even tell which one is my favorite!

  • Beyonce’s makeup here is incredible – so young and fresh and understated!

  • They look so beautiful. Its like angels on earth. amazing shots.