6 Spectacular Eye Creams To Try Today
Dehydration is everywhere, including the eyes… especially the eyes. Did you know that the skin around your eyes is actually the thinnest on your face? Therefore, extra tender, love, and care is mandatory. And nothing gets the job done quite like a rich, soothing eye cream.
Here are five of our current favorites:
1. Chanel Le Lift Creme Yeux ($105) – This wonder cream is already a cult classic. The formula lifts and firms the skin while reducing puffiness and dark circles; repeated use will help eyelids appear more lifted.
2. Sonage R&R Peptide-Packed Eye Serum ($48) – A silky eye serum that includes cucumber, algae, amla extracts with calming, anti-inflammatory properties, and multiple peptides that combat undereye circles.
3. Sunday Riley Start Over Eye Cream ($75) – This hydrating, de-puffing gel-cream come with a rolling metal applicator to emphasize the cooling ingredients of the formula, such as a vitamin C ester, marine algae and bio-fermented aloe. Instantly soothes, tightens, lifts, and brightens (see how that rhymes!?).
4. BeautyCounter Any Time Eye Cream ($35) – Non-toxic eye cream at its finest; this lightweight, soothing cream hydrates the under-eye area with coco-caprylate/caprate and coconut alkanes, which are gentle, plant-derived ingredients. Healthy eyes and healthy ingredients.
5. Skin Owl Eye+ ($46) – Hyaluronic acid is one of the best hydrating and anti-aging ingredients. This gel eye cream moisturizes while filling in fine lines and plumping the area. It’s lightweight but works wonders on tired, deprived eyes.
6. Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream ($27) – When it comes to restless mornings that demand an extra four hours of sleep but time isn’t as understanding, turn to this lightweight eye cream to help instantly brighten and hydrate the eye area. Packed with peptides which support natural collagen reserves that can be threatened by stress and fatigue. #Fistpound.
Want a foolproof and effective way to work an eye cream? “Pat under the eye using the ring finger,” explains Peter Thomas Roth of the eponymous skincare line. “You use the ring finger because it is your weakest finger and you use the least amount of pressure. Continue to the upper lid and (if desired) to the temples to address all areas of the skin surrounding the eye.” Another interesting fact about the area around your eyes: There are no pores in the vicinity, hence the reason why it is such a delicate and sensitive area of our face. This also means that all of you oily-skinned folk can rest assured that a heavy cream or serum will not compromise your skin concerns.