5 Useful Tips For Finding Your Glow

From primers to moisturizers, it seems that every other product promises some sort of illuminating effect. Yes, we all want that coveted glow, the one that looks as though a halo is blasting its ethereal shine onto our faces, but which products actually work to give off this all-over youthful vibe, and which product is right for you?

Take a look below at our 5 useful tips for finding your glow.

1. Limit your illuminating products to one per skincare regimen (note: this does not include your handy spot treatment highlighter). A great way to ease into this trend is with an illuminating primer that can be used pre-makeup as a base or on its own for subtle “everywhere” shimmer. Try the original luminizer base, aptly dubbed dew in a bottle, Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base ($48), Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash ($55), a favorite for plumping, priming, and delivering anti-aging benefits, or Honest Beauty Everything Primer ($27), which offers the most subtle golden glow, while it plumps and primes the complexion.

2. For less glow (a.k.a. illumination), use your shimmer product closest to the skin, like a shimmering moisturizer or serum. Make the skincare product give good glow, not the makeup. Try Tatcha Balanced Pore Perfecting Water Gel ($68), which gives off a subtle speckle of golden glow and works on all skin types, including oily (BB obsessed!) or GlamGlow GlowstarterMega Illuminating Moisturizer ($49), a face cream that plumps, hydrates, and adds a fair does of dew to an otherwise dull complexion.

3. If you’re a fan of BB and CC creams, opt for your illumination item to be an illuminating BB or CC cream – there are so many great ones on the market that’ll give you a moderate amount of all-over shimmer while still tackling skin issues like aging or dull complexion). We love It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination ($38) – with an added SPF of 50, Urban Decay Naked Skin Illuminating Beauty Balm ($34), and Lumene Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Aging BB Cream SPF 20 ($15).

4. Illumination now comes in the form of sunscreens! So, if you’re looking for a little extra glow, say at the beach or pool, and you don’t want any coverage (except that of a SPF), then try Dior Diorsnow Brightening Illuminating UV Protection with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum Translucent SPF 50 ($55) or Dr. Jart+ Every Sun Day UV Illuminating Sunscreen SPF 36 ($34). It’s pretty subtle and leaves skin with a healthy, happy dew.

5. For a serious statement-making glow, choose a basic liquid illuminator, which has the highest concentration of illumination, and combine it with your foundation of choice for an all-over dewy goddess look. You can also use these liquid illuminators to spot treat, meaning dab a small amount onto brow and cheek bones, bridge of nose, and cupid’s bow post-makeup to draw the light to your best assets. Try Nars Illuminator ($30), come in four shades but we’re keen on Hot Sand, or Nyx Cosmetics Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator ($7).

Remember to use an illuminator on your chest as well. It’s an epic way to hydrate, blur imperfections, and bask in a healthy décolletage dew.

Shop The Article: