5 Tips To Achieve Larger Lips

makeup
By January 23, 2018 No Comments
582eaf5bc938a62f962c3c9ea2c2e9e2--gigi-hadid-eyebrows-gigi-hadid-skin

5 Tips To Achieve Larger Lips

Plump me up, please! And hold the needles. If you want larger lips but you don’t want  to have to go under the knife (or needle) to get them, then follow these five makeup artist tips for larger lips. Plump that pucker au naturel (with a little help from our favorite lip products!).

1. Remember to exfoliate your lips. You can use a toothbrush and some vaseline or try something a little more sophisticated like Sara Happ’s The Lip Scrub ($22). It’s the one-and-only lip scrub you’ll need, guaranteed.

2. Use a flesh-colored liner to outline lips before filling in with gloss or lipstick – don’t extend the line all the way to the outer corners of lips, allow the line to look like it goes on forever, making it darker in the middle will bring fullness to your pucker. Try any of the Nars Matte Velvet Lip Pencils ($27) (they also double as lip pigment, too). Just add gloss and you’re good to pucker up.

3. Overline that pout. Yes, this may feel like a throwback to your nineties grunge days, but lipliner’s having a comeback (haven’t you heard?), and, when it comes to larger lips, a delicate line drawn just over your natural lip will do the trick. Combine this with the above liner tip and you’ll have lips that scream Kiss Me! Find a lip pencil that is malleable and pigmented. I’m obsessed with Colour Pop Lip Pencil in Boys Town ($12). It’s ideal paired with a mauve nude shade, it blends like a dream, and it’s affordable.

4. Use a highlighter on your cupid’s bow. Model Jessica Stam taught me this trick and I love it. It really does give the illusion of wider lips. Try Jouer’s Highlighter in Champagne ($22). Christina’s Tip (owner of Jouer): “Apply on the center of bottom lip before applying lipstick or lipgloss to give lips a fuller pout.”

5. Stay away from matte lippies without adding a gloss on top. Always end your lipstick routine with a dab of high-shine lipgloss. Something that plumps your lips is perfect, like Too Faced Lip Injection ($22). Not into shiny lips? Just add a touch to the center of your pout to give the illusion of a larger pucker.

Shop The Post: