5 Tips For Safe Waxing

how to
By November 19, 2010 12 Comments

5 Tips For Safe Waxing

To wax or not to wax? We already delved into a debate over this question. So, if you’ve chosen to wax, there are a few essentials you should know prior to doing so.

Boom Boom, owner of Boom Boom Brow Bar in NYC dishes on the 5 best tips for a safe waxing experience.

  • Advise if you are using RETINOL, ACCUTANE, and/or an ANTIBIOTIC – they make skin ultra sensitive and your technician may choose to tweeze instead of wax.
  • NO DOUBLE DIPPING!!! A waxing technician should never double dip! Wax is not kept at a hot enough temperature to kill bacteria, double dipping can cause cross-contamination (meaning infection or viruses are transmittable).
  • During a service, wax should only be applied to the same area of skin twice – no if, ands, or butts.
  • After waxing, a soothing oil (Boom Boom prefers grapeseed oil) or Neosporin should be applied and then wiped away with antiseptic wipes to keep area super clean.
  • Avoid sun exposure, extreme heat, and aggressive skin treatment for 24 to 48 hours after waxing.

Being a girl can be a painful experience, not to mention, tres tres time consuming. What we do for beauty!

tagged in

  • beauty adelaide

    very insightful thanks!

  • airbrush makeup

    Great to read this article, been waiting for this tips.

  • I actually had to show this particular article, “5
    Tips For Safe Waxing – Beauty Banter” along with
    my close friends on twitter. I personallyjust simply planned to
    spread your very good writing! Thanks a lot, Nola