2014 Beauty Trends: 5 Looks To Love
We’re almost completely through the first month of 2014… and it’s time to get into the beauty trends of the year. Here, celebrity makeup artist Kelsey Deenihan (who has worked with Kate Bosworth and Emma Roberts) offers 5 look to love, their origin, and the products you need to own to create said looks. Happy 2014, ladies!
1. Metallics – as seen at Chanel’s Métiers d’Art runway show. The Chanel runway models had metallic gold and silver face paint framing their temples. For a more wearable look play with metallic shadows or liners. Try Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow in Comex Copper or for a silver try Maybeline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal 24hr Creme Gel Eyeshadow in Silver Strike.
2. Thick brows – expect the natural, bushy eyebrow trend to continue to stay strong in 2014. Check out fashion’s model of the moment Cara Delevigne rocking her signature upward brushed brows featured in magazine ads for Burberry and DKNY this season. To get thick arches like Cara’s, first encourage new brow follicles by applying Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Enhancing Serum, then lightly fill with powder or pencil (I like the Anastasia Pencils or Votre Vu Arch de Triumph) and finish with upward sweeps of Tweezerman’s Brow Mousse.
3. Electric blue liner – Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 runway showed off this trend. Blue is a fun new way to trade out the boring black liner for a flirty pop of color on the eyes. Use NARS Eyeliner in Khao San Road (spring 2014) or Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Electric.
4. Matching lip color to dress – stars are already following this new trend. At the recent golden globes we saw Drew Barrymore’s poppy colored pout complimenting the appliqué details of her Monique Lhullier dress, Sandra Bullock and Emma Watson went match matchying as well. Julie Delpy went with an orange red lip to match her red-hot Romono Keveza gown. To recreate Drew and Julie’s color, pick up Stila’s All Day Stay Lip Color in Tesoro.
5. Nudes/Neutrals – Michael Kors Spring 2014 runway show in New York had models walk the runway in all shades of nudes and neutrals. The eyes cheeks and lips were all done up but in the warm neutral family giving a very earthy and sculptured look. On eyes try MAC Shadow in Soft Brown. For cheeks try Bobbi Brown Bronzer in Medium. The matte bronzer will sculpt the cheeks without adding too much color. On lips try a tinted lip balm such as Burt’s Bees in Honeysuckle.