Winning Winter Nails

While our toes may stay hidden as soon as the temperatures begin to dip, the talons on our hands still need to be on point (as always!).  The problem with winter in general is that things can just start to feel rather dull…gray weather, dark mornings, and subdued clothing can do that to a girl.

In an effort to keep our manicures interesting this winter, we reached out to Nadine Abramcyk, co-founder of tenoverten, for some inspiration.  Not only is she one of the godmothers of non-toxic nail care, but she also knows what’s what when it comes to nail trends.

Beauty Banter:  What are your top five favorite nail colors for this winter?

Nadine Abramcyk:

  1. Tenoverten Cliff ($18): a rich camel
  2. Tenoverten Fulton ($18): a universally flattering sheer taupe
  3. Nars Dovima ($20): a mod tomato red
  4. Chanel Rouge Noir ($28): a rich burgundy
  5. Chanel Rouge Puissant ($28): a bright, cheery red

BB: Do you prefer different colors on different shapes/lengths of nails?

NA: I think that it really depends on the individual’s style preference.  Color can really look good on any length or nail shape. However, I do tend to prefer nail art on a longer nail.

BB:  On that note, what are your thoughts on statement nails? In or out?

NA: Statement nails are out at the moment. People are using more nudes and neutral colors than ever before.

BB: Any tips and tricks to keep nails healthy in the colder weather?

NA: Stay hydrated inside and out by drinking tons of water and keeping your hands hydrated with a cuticle oil at all times.

TRY: S’well Water Bottle ($35) and L’Occitane Shea Nail and Cuticle Oil ($20)

-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com