10 Ways To Use Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

how to
By November 18, 2013 6 Comments
8 hour cream

10 Ways To Use Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

One of my all time favorite products is Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. I have a tube of it in my bag and a jar of it next to my bed, and I am constantly slathering the skin protectant on all areas of my face and body. It has long been a cult favorite among beauty enthusiasts since its launch in 1930 — and the cream has never changed its core ingredients (save for the newly unscented version). What makes this multipurpose balm so effective is the combination of petrolatum, a skin-soothing beta-hydroxy, and vitamin E. As the story goes, the cream was so effective in its healing properties, that Arden used it on her clients and to soothe her famous thoroughbred horses’ legs.

There are obvious effective usages of the cream (like chapped lips) and more creative ways (like as a highlighter). But for a well-rounded 10 ways to wear the balm, I’ve called on Elizabeth Arden Global Makeup Artist Rebecca Restrepo for her expert advice.

1 – It’s great for grooming the brows for both men and women especially when dealing with unruly hairs.

2 – Its perfect for flying to keep the skin hydrated. Just add a dime size amount in the palms of the hands and warm up the Eight Hour Cream by rubbing the hands together and then pat the cream onto the face to seal in the moisture of the skin.

3 – I use the cream every night on the cuticles of my nails to keep them soft and much easier to maintain.

4 – I put Eight Hour Cream on my feet at night to keep my feet soft and supple, especially during the winter.

5 – If I want a little soft extra glow I use a light dab along the cheek bones.

6 – For evenings out, in order to give myself a little extra sexiness, I strategically use a small amount all along my collar bone, shoulders and down my legs on the shins.

7 – I use the Eight Hour Cream on my lips every night before I go to bed to always have soft lips and to make sure my lips look and feel good.

8 – I also love to use the cream on my elbows and knees to keep them soft. These are areas that tend to look old and dry no matter the age of the person or time of season.

9 – When the ends of my hair are very dry because of over styling, weather, or hair coloring, I use a small amount on the dry areas – especially the ends – and place a shower cap to keep the heat for 30 minutes before rinsing.

10 – If I want to make my eye shadow look soft glowy and sheer, I add a fingertip amount just in the center of the eyelid over the eye shadow for a soft mysterious sexy look.

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream is the definition of multipurpose. Every woman should own a tube. There, I said it. Now go out and buy one today! *($20; available in a tube or a tub)