10 Wave Sprays for the Perfect Summer Wave

94f5e73795a04e58362e89347902a1a2--long-hair-dos-long-messy-hair

10 Wave Sprays for the Perfect Summer Wave

The lob may be the it-girl hairstyle of the moment, but we still can’t say no to beach-y waves. This is the time of year we can get away with not brushing our hair and letting summer do its thing to our hair. It’s too hot for the blow out and hair straightener anyway, so why not let #mermaidhair reign. Just don’t forget to protect hair from sun damage. Other than that, we rounded up some wave sprays to help us achieve the perfect beach wave, even if we haven’t stepped foot in the ocean.

1. Ouai Wave Spray ($26) – When Bella Hadid isn’t modeling the perfect pony, she uses this wave spray for killer texture.

2. Pacifica Salty Waves Texture Spray ($14) – Natural ingredients for natural-looking surfer girl hair. #beachbabe

3. Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Soft Waves Spray ($6) – Sea salt and sea kelp for texture, aloe extract for hydration. No need to sacrifice softness for “beach hair.”

4. Verb Sea Spray ($14) – A wave spray and pre-shampoo pick me up in one! This spray provides natural UV protection and ingredients to soak up excess oils, all while creating loose, beach-y curls.

5. L’Oreal Air Dry It Wave Swept Spray ($4) – Frizz-free, shiny, textured hair without a single heat-styling tool. Just spray, air-dry, and go!

6. Herbivore Sea Mist ($10) – 100% natural and can be used to create a wavy mane or to freshen skin with lavender and sage.

7. Reverie Mare Mediterranean Sea Mist ($34) – Promises to create French girl waves (ooh oui)…this mist ups the texture while conditioning hair.

8. Keratin Complex Sweet Definition Texturizing Sugar Mist ($16) – Skip the salt and create tousled waves with sugar instead. Is said to provide more flexibility than the traditional salt spray.

9. Drybar Mai Tai Spritzer Sea Salt Spray ($25) – Natural sea salts, aloe, and algae create the right amount of wave, and softness.

10. Captain Blankenship Mermaid Sea Salt Hair Spray ($24) – Sweet-smelling waves without the crunch. Basically #mermaidhair in a bottle.

Claudia Mercado is a beauty-obsessed writer living in Long Beach, CA.