10 Products To Get You Through Winter

skin
By November 15, 2016 2 Comments
sasha-pivovarova-by-miakel-jansson-for-vogue-us-september-2014-1

10 Products To Get You Through Winter

As if the lack of sunlight and plummeting temperatures weren’t punishment enough, our precious skin can takes a serious beating from the brutal winter weather. We’ve already covered keeping our locks in check, but knowing that skin is our largest organ, we would be remiss not to pay it some attention.

Come winter, our skin  — all skin — is just begging for hydration. Anyone who has tried to wear a wool sweater without properly moisturizing or been teased for blushing when their cheeks are chafed knows exactly what we’re talking about. It’s a serious problem, but not one without a solution.

Here are our top 10 winter skin saviors to keep calm, cool, and hydrated all season long:

1. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum ($36): Hydrating when you’re sensitive or acne prone is not always easy, but we’ve found a product that won’t create a flair-up. This lightweight formula injects hydration into the skin, yet feels invisible. It’s truly a desert-island must-have…and not just because we imagine the climate there would be rather arid.

2. Glossier Balm Dotcom ($12): Parched lips, cracked elbows, torn cuticles…just try and find something this salve can’t soothe. You won’t want to leave the house without it.

3. Kiehls’ Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter ($38): After a hot shower, this creamy body butter soaks right into parched skin.  Post-application bathrobe not required, but strongly encouraged.

4. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Hyaluronic Marine Hydrating Modeling Mask ($46): Not only is this mask just plain fun to use, it instantly makes dull, tired, and parched skin baby-level soft and plump. While we don’t encourage wearing this in front of bae, we do recommend sending snaps to your girl gang for a laugh.

5. Herbivore Coco Rose Body Polish ($36): Although bare limb season may feel far, far away, exfoliating is still a necessity. This scrub removes flakey skin with gentle sugar grains, while simultaneously imparting a major dose of moisture thanks to coconut oil.

6. Murad Youth Builder Rejuvenating AHA Hand Cream ($25): Hands are the quickest window to aging skin beyond the face. Further, they get tons of sun exposure year round.  This formula hydrates while gently exfoliating to reduce the appearance of sunspots and wrinkles.

7. REN Rosa Centifolia No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm ($32):  Washing your face in winter can be tricky business. Of course, you want to take off your makeup and remove impurities, but the idea of stripping your face of all oil and moisture will actually make things more uncomfortable. Luckily, this balm takes off just what you want and not one bit more.

8. Jurlique Nutri-Define Eye Contour Balm ($90): Lightweight serums may cut it in the warmer months, but the winter calls for a rich balm for the delicate under eye.

9. Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash Oil ($12): Glam and luxurious? Not really.  Effective and soothing? You bet.

10. MDSolarSciences Mineral Tinted Creme ($32): Sure, the sun may visit us for shorter stints during the winter, but we all know that sunscreen is a must 365 days a year (especially if you plan to hit the slopes!).  A tinted formula like this one doubles as a base to conceal imperfections while protecting your visage.

Shop The Post:

-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com

  • Great post! I don’t have a single one of these products, definitely saving this for my next shopping trip, thanks for sharing x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

  • Lovely compilation! The First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum is on my wishlist! xo